CJ Skipping Workouts with Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

with his ankle not 100% he should be at bsp making sure that is 100%. i was really PO when he didnt go back into the ravens game because his ankle hurt...mean while, keith played two games with broken ribs (i think they where broke)

here is my stance. in this economy, with the amount of money that these players are making, they should show up to everything that the team does. no matter what. i am sorry, i will never ever see the type of money that any of these players make. i will never make 1 million dollars in a year. i know this because of the profession i have choosen. i have to go to work every day 8 hours a day, 5 days a week and make a fraction a very small fraction of what he makes. granted yes, i am sure he is still working out in fl. but it isnt the same to work from home as it is to work at the office. get my drift? i am not saying i am jealous of this, i admire these guys playing the sport i love. i am just saying, have some more respect for your fans, who basically pay your salary with theirs.

2. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

He was clearly carving up the Ravens defense single handedly and that was due largely because of his speed. If hes not 100% then in a game like that,his production wouldnt have been the same even if he did come back in. Dont get me wrong, i wanted to see him return just as bad as everyone else and i was pissed when he didnt but i'm assuming his ankle was alot worse then people might have thought.

3. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

i would agree with that...

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

That he stayed in town after the season to rehab his ankle is a positive.

I just hope it's a maturity issue and that his team mates will straighten him out when he shows up.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

:yell2:anyone ever stop to think that Chris Johnson stayed at home so to not embarrass the team with his over the top, :spud: Peyton Manning like, extreme, hard core, training rituals? I heard he cut out McDonald's. F*#%ing McDonald's people! :rant: Maybe he needed space to look at film. Those guys might not want to be looking at film. Maybe Johnson didn't want to be teased by his teammates for being a workaholic. Maybe instead of asking "why wasn't he there?" you guys should be asking yourselves, "how could he go?" :nono:

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

If that's the case, it's pathetic.

If these O-lineman don't give it their all for CJ because he didn't work out for a couple weeks with them in Nashville, then they should be immediately released and replaced.

It's a job. They are paid millions to give it their all as blockers. If they don't because CJ isn't there good buddy... that's ridiculous.

Next season, if Roos misses a block and CJ gets leveled, and you happen to think "man, roos could've hustled and made that block"... you are really going to link that to CJ not being there for voluntary workouts?

If anything I'd think "Roos is already long term contract making millions, maybe he thought the risk for injury was too great." I'd come to that conclusion way before "Roos is mad at CJ for not being at voluntary workouts in March/April."

I'm sure voluntary workouts help "camaraderie", which is the more appropriate term to use than chemistry.

But this is a business, so "camaraderie" shouldn't matter. And not working out together should not effect on-field "chemistry".

7. Morpheus E

Morpheus E Camp Fodder

Voluntary workout is voluntary.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Nobody has said anything about "Roos being mad at CJ for not being at voluntary workouts". What I've said is that when a mud dog sees the "star" towing the same line, making the same sacrifices has he is, he is more likely to "connect" or "bond" or create the chemistry needed to separate this team's quality of play from the opponents.

I haven't played pro ball so I don't know if it holds true or not that O-linemen will play "harder" for some players or not. But I know that my team mates always dug a little deeper to block or go up over the middle for their QB who was working his azz off just as hard as they did during the Spring and Summer. I don't think you can deny that possibility.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I think IF a player skips mandatory events, then it's an issue.

But I think it's too much of a stretch to suggest anyone would not go the extra effort in a CJ run play because he didn't attend Voluntary Spring Workouts.

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

He could have at least gone back in as a decoy. He was able to stand on it, no boot or anything, he chose not to go back in. Just like he's choosing not to return now.
    I've lost respect for him, he'll have to win it back...:suspect:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar