CJ the return man?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, Sep 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stump1000

stump1000 NFL Insider

Any risk is too much. CJ is our only offensive weapon, if he's gone then the little bit of offense we have is done.

Why can't Finnegan, Griffin or Harper do it?

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Because none of those guys are anywhere near as explosive as CJ. He is a rare talent. I think he could possibly have a game changing effect on special teams similar to guys like Hester, Cribbs, Harvin etc.
    I wouldn't be saying put our starting RB out there for special teams if we had a guy like Marion Barber or Michael Turner. But CJ is one of the fastest guys in the entire league and has the potential to take it to the house anytime he has his hands on the ball.
    And I definitely wouldn't say Chris Johnson is our only offensive weapon. He's our biggest weapon, sure. But we have plenty of other guys on offense who can make plays.

3. customtitan

customtitan Special Teams Standout

im sorry ill quit replyin to everything in this thread... this was just to funny for me to pass up

this line of thinkin is sooo flawed:ha:
    if, and i do mean if, c.j. is our ONLY offensive weapon wouldnt you want him to have the ball on every play he possibly can? i mean its risky as a running back too right? sayin you dont want a player involved in a play cause its risky in the game of football is just funny to me. maybe all our good players should take a seat, after all they could possibly get hurt...lol

and did you seriously offer up harper to return punts and kicks? :ha: had to be a joke i missed or something

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. ryangm2123

ryangm2123 Reynaldo Hill's #1 Fan

i dont see why we are even talking about something that will never happen..

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

If Mark Jones sucks then maybe. CJ wouldn't be bad, i'd rather have him do either Kick or Punt returners... not both. If hes getting 20 carriers a game and doing returns he's going to get tired when week 15 comes along.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

OK, first of all you guys are missing half the argument.
    CJ DOESN'T RETURN PUNTS! OK, so that argument is out. He never has and probably never will. Returning punts is far more difficult than KRs so don't assume because he can do KRs he automatically can do PRs. As far as I know he never returned punts in college and he wasn't even given a sniff in practice to do it in the NFL. My guess if you stuck him out there to return a punt he would be no better than Mouton if not worse.

Secondly CJ was tried as a KR his rookie year and he wasn't that great at it. Not saying with a little work he couldn't do it but I'd rather have him spend his time working on screen passes and other plays where he catches the ball out of the backfield.

Thirdly, Griffin is our best KR guy. I reallty thought Fisher would be smart enough to let him return kicks in such a crucial game but I over estimated Fisher's intelligence.

Fourthly, we don't have anyone to return punts except for Mouton, Finnegan and now Jones. We are really weak on PR depth which is why Mouton was out there.

Again, punt returns are way more difficult than KOs.

7. iQon

iQon Starter

He's too important to our offense. Same way with Finnegan. I'd rather just see a cut and an actual returner signed.

8. bluewaterpirate

bluewaterpirate Camp Fodder

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

^I'd take this man at his word. He told us CJ would be a super star on draft day. To his credit he called that one. Just sayin'.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Kick returns aren't near as dangerous as punts. Not any more injury risk returning kicks than there are running the ball.

Whatever brings wins, I say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar