CJ the return man?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, Sep 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedimasterbyrd

Jedimasterbyrd Time Traveler/Jewel Thief

As much as I would love to see him returning kicks, I remember all too well what our offense looked like without CJ. Jeff is way too cautious to do that right now. Like I said in another post I think we would see it as a surprise to another team in a clutch situation.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Well... he IS an EC fan. lol

3. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

CJ would only come in if we needed to do another music city miracle.

4. stump1000

stump1000 NFL Insider

You missed a lot, obviously. :grrhee:

All we need is someone that will catch the ball and not do anything stupid.

The best receiver in the NFL isn't a real good offensive weapon with KC throwing the ball.

5. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

Let Lendale return kicks and punts!

6. davidsrobbins

davidsrobbins Camp Fodder

I don't need to read this thread to answer this question. YOU DON'T LET YOUR MVP TAKE THE CHANCE OF RETURNING KICKS/PUNTS! It is too easy for him to get hurt on a job that someone else can do.

Your star player returning kicks should get any coach fired on the spot.

7. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

That's exactly why you don't see Tom Brady or Peyton Manning returning punts.

8. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

I wanted him in for Mouton last week after the first fumble...

9. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Not true. On a kick off there are 10 guys running full speed down hill directly at you. On offense you have maybe 3 guys covering you, and that's if you're very good. Overlook one guy on special teams and you get blindsided by a large, fast moving man. Very dangerous. Too dangerous for CJ. We don't need to risk the health of our star on effing returns which shouldn't be a damn issue to begin with.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It's a myth. Yes, 10 guys may be running full speed at you, but almost every one of them gets picked up on a block.

How often do you see a kick returner hurt?

Very rarely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar