CJ Trade Offers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oilerstruck, May 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CKTitan

CKTitan Special Teams Standout

They're not gonna trade their main playmaker because all they'll get in return is potential not another playmaker which would not validate a trade in the first place.

You're not gonna see a CJ for Adrian Peterson trade or a CJ for Larry Fitzgerald trade, a cluster of first round picks would be good but who's to say they'll pan out and actually help take this franchise to the promise land?

You're not gonna see a Hershel Walker type trade with Johnson because the cap would make it impossible to pull that kind of trade off.

He may be the best player, but if he's gonna become a bigger team cancer than Pacman or Haynesworth ever were, you know what why don't they just draft Mark Ingram and let CJ walk in three years and devalue him like they did Lendale or there is a thing called a franchise tag and make him earn his money even after hitting free agency.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Too bad we don't have another speed-back to just prove a point to CJ. "Look at that guy. He can get just as many yards with all those holes to run through too. Now, do your job and shut up."

3. bob45x32

bob45x32 Starter

We had a speed back before CJ and we had the same O line...and all he did was run into them (Chris Henry)

4. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

*sigh* Chris Henry couldn't see them. He couldn't see lots of things. Roll it again...

[youtube]srUo2MDngJE[/youtube]

5. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

I really don't know what to say about this statement.

Look.......When you lead the league in rushing and have over 2000 yards......that's special. AND this will only be his 3rd year in the league.

You don't have to be happy about CJ feeling as though he has a right to make more money. That's cool and I understand that sentiment from some fans. But, don't act like he is a scrub..........cause he most definitely is not.

And Bud knows it. He will be in training camp with a new contract.

Bank on it.

6. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

He's not a scrub, but he's definitely not a 2,000 yard rusher on any other team. With our O-Line, we CAN have a very good running game without Chris Johnson if it comes to that.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

^Really? You don't think C.J. could go to either New York team and run up the stats again? Or go to San Diego, Minnesota, Indianapolis (if they'd run), or Atlanta? I'd disagree with that. C.J. could be successful in plenty of places.

And who would carry the ball for us if C.J. was gone? Ringer? Ha, he can't stay healthy outside of games. How's he going to run when he can't find the field? Those two undrafted rookies gonna help keep the offense balanced? Doubt it. We are waaaay better with and because of Chris Johnson.

He might even be too good to trade. For us to part ways with C.J. I'd be asking for the Lions collection of 2011 draft picks plus Calvin Johnson.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'd say that CJ could probably get 2000 yards with 1-3 other NFL teams, with the major caveat that they'd have to be giving him tons of extra touches to try to get him there the same way that we were at the end of the season. No way he touches 2000 with 30-40 fewer touches, no matter what team. I also think with 25 other NFL teams he wouldn't look as good as he does with us. That's not to say that he's anything other than a very good/great NFL running back.

When did Ringer start getting jabbed for injury problems? He tweaked a hammy, but has he had problems before? Did he have issues in college? I thought he got a lot of carries/experience.

If health, I have no problem saying I think Ringer could get 1200 yards as our #1 RB. So could Lendale, if he were still here.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Ringer has had health issues for now 3 years. He's hurt right now you know...

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Chris Henry isn't a good example of a speed-back. He sucked in college and couldn't win the starting spot there. The guy tripped over his own feet or ran in to his own player half the time.

But someone like McCluster could have come in here and hit the ground running much like CJ. With Schwartz in Det and them just drafting Jahvid Best- I wish we'd try to trade for Kevin Smith. Give him some space and he could be very special- he's just usually trying to make miraculous 4 yard gains by getting met in the backfield every snap.

And yeah, he may reach 2k with 1-2 other teams in the league- but no other team blocks like the Titans right now (not just the o-line). And then with the added threat of VY running... he's got it made, he's just not smart enough to know it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar