CJ vs Adrian Peterson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thaddeus43, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I was watching NFL Today on CBS this morning and they asked the question "who would you rather have CJ or AP?" and the guy said AP. I am tired of people still saying that AP is better than CJ. It should not even be a debate CJ is the best back in the league. And I dont want to hear "Well AP is bigger and can withstand the hits better" Over the last 2 seasons CJ has proven to be just as if not more durable than AP. I also dont want to hear "AP can run up the middle and CJ cant" That is pure BS and shows you dont watch the 2 backs play. Both AP an CJ have been stuffed up the middle their fair share, but both have also run people over and picked up the tough yds. Also there is one very important stat everyone seems to forget about AP: He has a fumbling problem!! He has fumbled 20 times in just 3 years compared to CJ 's 4 times in 2 years.

Here are some stats to show how much better CJ is:

This season:
    -CJ has rushed for 150+ in more games than AP has 100+
    -CJ had 4x as many 100+ yard games as AP did
    -AP had more than 2X as many fumbles as CJ did
    -CJ had 625 more yds rushing. At AP's pace of 86 yds/ game, AP would've needed a little more than 7 extra games to reach that mark. Thats almost half a season!
    - CJ also had more recieving yds than AP and averaged 1.2 more ypc

over the last 2 seasons:
    - AP had 4X as many fumbles as CJ did
    - CJ has 5.3 ypc to AP's 4.8
    - CJ out rushed AP 3234 yds to 3143 (not a whole lot, but CJ still wins)
    - and CJ out gained AP 3997 yds to 3704 yds
    - CJ has 16 100+ games to AP's 13

CJ beats out AP in just about every stat there is. The only one that AP wins is TD's, and just barely. CJ has 26 total TD's to AP's 28 over the last 2 years, but don't forget lendale was getting all of the goal line touches in 2008.

In summary:

GO CJGO TITANS

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It's hard to say who's better. Brett Favre is currently hi-jacking Adrian's legacy and pissing at least 1 year of it away.

I think AP is a better actual running back, when it comes to pure skill. But you can't argue with CJ's productivity. AP often fumbles because he's FIGHTING for extra yards... CJ doesn't do that, which is probably best for his size.

3. Thaddeus43

Kerry Collins stole a lot of carries away at the begining of the season because we got so far behind and were passing 40 times a game, but CJ still put up the #5 rushing performance of all time. More than AP put up with Tavaris and that other guy last year, and AP was all they had.

First off, you can have all the skill in the world, but if you don't produce you won't last very long in this league. Not saying that AP doesn't produce because he does, I'm just making the point that production is all that matters. And CJ produces more.

Secondly, I don't really know what "skill" AP has that CJ doesnt. CJ is a very patient runner with great vision and good receiver out of the backfield. AP is more of a run you over while CJ is more of a run right by you, but I've seen CJ lay some hits too, and I know AP can out run some people. So they may have a different style, but thats it.

All running backs fight for extra yds, but 20 fumbles in 3 years is a problem. Thats nearly 7 a year. And to say its best that CJ doesn't do it because of his size? I think AP shouldn't do it because of his fumbling problem.

Don't get me wrong, AP is a great back, but he is def. #2, and CJ is def. #1

4. Deuce Wayne

The skill AP has that CJ doesn't?

Everything BUT speed. He has better vision, better moves, better strength, better stiff arms, better athletic ability (watch him on goal line or leap), etc.

CJ is fast, but has to tip-toe around to find a crease. He's probably got a ton more carries for losses than AP does, because AP runs hard every play rather than searching for that one huge play.

CJ has good vision, but half the time he ruins his gains by choosing the wrong lane. How many times was the outside wide open today and he'd cut right in to the pile?

I think CJ is better this year, but that could easily shift back next season.

5. Thaddeus43

I dont really think you can say he has better stiff arms and moves because AP mostly uses those when he makes it to the second level. CJ's doesnt use those as much because when he hits the second level he is usually breaking free for a TD and no one can touch him.

As far as athletic ability goes :ha:

I'll give you strength

Many of CJ's long TD runs he doesnt just tiptoe around the outside and run real fast. He hits a seem up the middle and then takes it to the sideline about 20 yds down field and then outruns every one. CJ has also been pretty good this year at running up the gut and getting that 1 or 2 for the 1st or TD.

AP Also gets hit for loss quite a bit too, but that is what happens when every one one the D is gunning for you. It would happen to AP a whole lot more too if they didn't have Farve. Now opposing D's have to respect the pass.

6. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

if i had to pick between CJ or AP i would pick CJ cuz thats my dude.

still think AP is a better RB.

but CJ is my boyyyyyyyyyy

7. AH3

AH3 Rookie

The only thing AP does better than CJ is fumble :ha:

But seriously, CJ does a better job blocking and receiving for sure- why else would Chester Taylor still be so active for the Vikes? Because AP is lacking in those areas. And he clearly has a fumbling problem. AP is a better power back, but CJ's speed and vision outweigh that. I'll take CJ over AP on my team any day of the week. But don't get me wrong, AP would be the 2nd back. The guy has great skills and could be even greater if he holds on to the football.

8. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

THIS.

When CJ fumbled today it was like a freak occurrence....like snowing down here in central Texas. It makes people run around like morons buying all the freakin' water from Walmart/HEB because of the next "BLIZZARD OF THE CENTURY". (damn you all)

Whenever AP fumbled it's is a common occurrence....like a drought down here in central Texas. It makes no one scared or afraid....they act less stupid cuz' they are used to it.

9. Deuce Wayne

As for CJ being a better receiver? Their receiving yards are pretty much even.

CJ makes the big plays.

AP makes the consistent plays.

I guess that's why I have to give it to AP. I hate watching 1 yard 1 yard 3 yards..... then finally a 30 yard run with one 60 yarder in there a game. I mean, I don't hate it- I like it, but all the crash in to the line runs get a bit tiring. Give AP CJ's speed and it'd be no contest. You'd have to give CJ everything else of AP's though.

One's just a better athlete while the other's a better sprinter. Kind of like a Moss vs Owens debate back in the day. Hard to say... and it'll change every year.

10. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Pissing away: throwing 30+ TD and leading a team to the playoffs, which they wouldn't have even sniffed without favre. Hi hater

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar