CJOK?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Last season, RB Chris Johnson got his money and proceeded to underwhelm with 1,047 rushing yards and a 4.0 yards per carry average. According to reports, Johnson has bulked up and is ready to prove the world he's not only OK, he's ready to take his game back to Y2K levels. Do you think CJ has what it takes or is his best season behind him?

2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Is best season is behind him. He will never reach 2k yards again.

However he doesnt have to, to help this team win.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Like I have said before, his role will greatly change this season. I hope people will notice that and not cry for his head when he is not breaking 1,600+ seasons anymore.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Last year was his off year. With the hold out, his own hold out due to contract issues, and the horrible play of the OL I think it was pretty amazing his stats were that good all things considering. I'm not saying he goes for 2K but I think most will be pleasantly surprised by his production this season. From everything I've heard and read he's more focused than ever and will definitely be in shape to start the season. Talent wise he's definitely a top 5 RB but his production may put him in the top 2 or 3 this year, very confident in him this season.

5. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I think he will get around 1400 yards this year and around 10 tds. That is a pretty good season right there even if it's not the type of season we are used to from him.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

His best season is still ahead of him, if he wants it to be.

I don't measure success by highlights. To me maintaining the flow of the game is just as important.

For example, we're all used to seeing C.J. run for 5-yards, -6-yards, then 3-yards, then -2-yards, followed by 0-yards, and then 56-yards. IMO he'd be a much better RB if he was constantly hitting holes and taking whats there instead of waiting for cutback lanes to open. If he would just attack the line of scrimmage like most other NFL RB's do, he'd end up with 1900-yards every year.

His speed alone would take normal gains of 5-yards 11-yards. A few of those and boom 100+yards and a rushing title at the end of the year.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think it's all about how he is used in the passing game. He didn't impress me much last year though had 418 yards. But, we need to remember, he went in without any preseason work with Hasselbeck or Locker so I expect his production in this area to be improved.

Honestly, I'm not as concerned about what he does in total yards as I am he stops with the negative plays. They were drive-killers last season.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yep a negative rush is the same as a SAC as far as sustaining a drive goes.

9. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

Honestly, don't care for how many yards he gets... as long as the yards he does put up help equate to wins for the team.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

He'll probably still be good on madden, that'll do for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar