CJ's 2012 base salary guaranteed - 8 mil

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Mar 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I think he has lost a step. He's still faster than everyone, but he's not stoopid, take a bad angle and I house it fast anymore.

I don't expect the crazy 80 yarders with regularity anymore, but I want to see NO minus plays and hitting the hole hard and getting 4-5 yards with regularity.

Last year's run game was BRUTAL to watch.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

That step will come back when he has a little faith that he wont run into a wall.

CJ isnt a power back, he waits and looks and finds his hole and shoots out of it. He definitely looked last season, but he will still be a very good back for us if we learn how to block.

Worth the contract he got? No, never. RB's shouldnt be paid that much.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

got all my frustrations with him out last year. Hope he just improves over last season. I'll hope last year was the exception in his career. If he comes out weak again this year for the first half of the season, I will be pretty unhappy.

He's keeping quiet let's hope that this means he's working hard this offseason, unlike last.

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

overpaid!!!!!

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

The guy needs to work on his vision, flat out. Both the line and CJ were awful last year. Hutch should help out tremendously.

6. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

To be fair, he was getting hit three yards deep in the backfield most plays. Hard to use "vision" in that scenario.

It worries me that Munch went through all last season saying "The line is fine" when it clearly wasn't.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

They both were the issue, the line and CJ.

Multiple pieces of evidence for both on film. They both need to be fixed. You fix the O-line by replacing people, obviously.

How do you fix CJ?

Good question.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

It was not "most" plays, the line sucked, and gave up their share of blame. I lost count of how many time this guy would pick the wrong hole and it close up as soon as he got there. Or just flat out miss the hole completely. He looked like a different back out there.

I think all the criticism got to him, I think the most important thing for him to do, is to come out hot week 1. Give himself some confidence and something else to talk about.

9. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

We'll see. I sure hope not. You have to admit that he had no chance on a shockingly large percentage of his carries last season. It was clear he felt defeated before the ball was even snapped most of the time. That is a criticism of him as well as the line because RB's cannot allow themselves to think like that. it was like a basketball player who gets the ball and looks up and has no defender near him and hesitates before shooting strictly due to the shock of being ungaurded. CJ couldn't believe it when a hole was there and hesitated a lot of times. If our O-lineman and CJ have any pride in their hearts at all, they should be working furiously to improve on that astronomically pathetic running game performance from last season. As far as the line, it wasn't just the interior imo either. I believe every single one of our lineman regressed in the running game last year. I personally find it very unlikely that any of them who are still here will perform that poorly again this year.

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I love the clause in his new contract that requires him to work out in Nashville with his teammates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar