CJ's current situation compared to the all time greats

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Obie09, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

It remains to be seen whether or not this is a simply a "rut" or just how CJ is going to be from now on. With every passing game it's looking more and more like the latter.
  2. Titan43

Titan43 Pro Bowler

I think CJ is still capable of being just as good as he has been in the past, he just doesn't seem to give as much effort this year. On a lot of his carries this year he has been taken down by tackles that he would have broken during his 1st 3 years, which allowed him to get to the next level of the defense and rack up some serious yardage.

I think 2tone is right, the only way to get through to him is to sit him on the bench. Maybe then he will start putting a little more effort into his runs.
  3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

This has resulted in a season and a half, not a 4-6 game stretch.....

Over the last 21 games, CJ has rushed for less than 63 yds 12 times!! 12 TIMES, not very good at all, he's only a home run hitter now, no singles or doubles. This is not a CJ getting into shape thing, this is a CJs body has given up on him, too many carries did him in.
  4. Obie09

Obie09 Starter

& like I said in that topic

"Some of those games last year though he was over 4ypc, he just didn't get many carries. Last year CJ had 6 games under 4YPC, Peterson had 5, Michael Turner had 8. He wasn't bad last year."
  5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

It's the OLine. CJ isn't playing well, but the OLine is just terrible at run blocking. For the 234252th time.
  6. TitanMark

TitanMark Starter

Teams win or lose on the line. The Titans dont have a good Oline or Dline. Thats why they got pushed around the last 2 games. Its just that simple. Fix the lines and everything else looks alot better.
  7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor Tip Jar Donor

you need not fear a trade, nobody would give up anything to acquire the little guy.

Now if he was released I could see goldgrill getting some sniffs.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.