CJ's current situation compared to the all time greats

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Obie09, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

It remains to be seen whether or not this is a simply a "rut" or just how CJ is going to be from now on. With every passing game it's looking more and more like the latter.

2. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I think CJ is still capable of being just as good as he has been in the past, he just doesn't seem to give as much effort this year. On a lot of his carries this year he has been taken down by tackles that he would have broken during his 1st 3 years, which allowed him to get to the next level of the defense and rack up some serious yardage.

I think 2tone is right, the only way to get through to him is to sit him on the bench. Maybe then he will start putting a little more effort into his runs.

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

This has resulted in a season and a half, not a 4-6 game stretch.....

Over the last 21 games, CJ has rushed for less than 63 yds 12 times!! 12 TIMES, not very good at all, he's only a home run hitter now, no singles or doubles. This is not a CJ getting into shape thing, this is a CJs body has given up on him, too many carries did him in.

4. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

& like I said in that topic

"Some of those games last year though he was over 4ypc, he just didn't get many carries. Last year CJ had 6 games under 4YPC, Peterson had 5, Michael Turner had 8. He wasn't bad last year."

5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

It's the OLine. CJ isn't playing well, but the OLine is just terrible at run blocking. For the 234252th time.

6. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Teams win or lose on the line. The Titans dont have a good Oline or Dline. Thats why they got pushed around the last 2 games. Its just that simple. Fix the lines and everything else looks alot better.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

you need not fear a trade, nobody would give up anything to acquire the little guy.

Now if he was released I could see goldgrill getting some sniffs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar