Clarity on a cloudy day.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by titanbuoy, Aug 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

OT: wierdness from me, I apologize in advance :)

My sister lives 45 miles outside of the city so visiting her involves a short drive through the countryside. There’s a nice shortcut down an old country road that I prefer to take, there’s almost no other traffic and the tiny paved highway cuts a slender path through some of Ontario’s most picturesque farmland. It’s a 20 mile long stretch with absolutely no curves… Parkhouse Road; a pure uninterrupted straightaway built for speed.

[​IMG]

It was overcast today, around 75 degrees with the look of an impending thunderstorm. I cranked the tunes and hit the gas. There’s nothing quite like the rush of an accelerating car with the pounding of your subwoofer preaching it’s sermon to the small of your back. While old Parkhouse Road is straight it certainly isn’t flat, the road cuts through rolling hills filled with grazing cows and horses; It’s an old tarmac road whose surface has been warped by the changing seasons of Ontario and years of wear and tear.

It’s seems hard to achieve moments of clarity these days (perhaps it’s always been the case). The mind seems always cluttered with the “day to day” we all go through. It seems that life is a constant state of being on the verge of distraction.

As I hit 75 MPH on Parkhouse Rd. The "b
    itch" from work suddenly disappears from my mind. At 90 the fact that I work at all disappears. At 100 on the old undulating surface my every bit of concentration is focused on staying on the road; I’m zoned in. At 110 I doubt I could remember my own name. My car bottoms out as I leap over hills. The cows whip past like vague blurs in my periphery. The rushing wind, the pounding music, I’m totally focused, total clarity of thought… just stay alive.

I’ve completely lost myself in the moment.

It’s a beautuful thing and to describe it as anything less than sublime would not be doing it justice. Typically, to acheive such a moment I had to seriously violate the law.

I guess it’s strange to have to go to such extremes to achieve a certain peace and tranquility of thought, but I’ve done it for years and lived to tell about it… and meditation just never worked for me.

How do you achieve clarity?

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

bourbon

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Well....

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DoquKPpBH_w"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DoquKPpBH_w" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

hehehe

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Tell me titanbuoy, did you expect serious answers on this? :ha:

I'd give you one, but I really need to think about it and I have to get to work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar