Classless Steeler fans at it again

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Having seen Steelers fans pull this same crap at games over the years this is not a surprise. Titans fans on the other hand are easily the friendliest bunch..
    This email makes me think of the downright nastiness of Steeler fans last time they were here..

[​IMG]
    "
    My name is Randy and I'm from Miamisburg. I am a lifelong diehard Bengal
    fan. I can really only afford to go to one game a year and we chose Pittsburgh
    this year hoping for great weather and we got it. It was my step-daughters
    first Bengal's game and she was excited. Me, my wife and daughter met up with a
    my son and a bunch of my friends to tailgate early and had a blast eating and
    playing cornhole. It was great and she loved it.

We got seats on ebay sitting 28 yards up from the field dead center end zone.
    We were already down 10-0 and Pittsburgh was driving right towards us. There
    was a row of Steelers fans behind us. The guy directly behind me, (I had an
    aisle seat) spilled beer on me and I asked him to him to watch it. They started
    mouthing off about the Bengals and Mike Brown, whatever.

My wife and daughter went to the restroom. The guy directly me kept going on
    about Mike Brown and I finally said, "At least he isn't selling our team. You
    guys might end up the LA Steelers". I never turned around once or confronted
    anyone. It was just banter during the game. Let's face it, it's pretty hard to
    come up with anything to defend this franchise currently. Besides this wasn't a
    fan on the losing side they were well on there way to victory.

The next thing I know I felt a crushing blow to the side of my face. I fell,
    not really sure where since it knocked me out. I woke up in the security office
    with my face being attended to. I was covered in blood and my face was a mess.
    When I fell I must have hit a railing and went face first to the concrete stairs.
    I have a broken wrist and a bruised knee.

They informed me that they did catch one of the three but that he admitted to
    being the driver of the other two and didn't throw the punch so they didn't hold
    him. I was pretty upset over this nonetheless. They didn't follow him to his
    car to arrest the one who did punch me.

I have seen fights and altercations at previous games but this was different.
    I have heard of it happening in other cities. They talk about it on the message
    boards. It's called Hit and Run or Blast and Bolt as well as other things.

They go with the intention of finding someone to blindside and run. A total
    sucker punch. They get out and knowing that the police aren't likely to follow
    up on what is a misdemeanor. Yes, the police informed me it's a misdemeanor
    since he didn't use a weapon like a bottle. It's further unlikely they will
    follow up since they don't know who it is. Well, they have a camera footage of
    him but it's unlikely they will do anything with it. The whole process is
    unnerving.

Apparently it's more popular in bigger cities like Chicago, Philly and New York
    but it seems to be spreading. So now I'm left to wonder where to go from her.
    I am a victim. I have no real course of retribution as the police didn't see fit or
    plan on attempting to find out who did it. The experience ended bad for my wife
    an daughter and I will never put them in harms way by going again.
    Are fans heading the way of European soccer? You're crazy to take a kid to the game."

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

"Me, my wife and daughter met up with a my son and a bunch of my friends to tailgate early and had a blast eating and playing cornhole. It was great and she loved it."

so that's how they do it cincy....

3. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Yikes. I have a hard time believing those chain e-mails, but this one seems believable for some reason.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Cincy is SO screwed up..

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Randy actually is a real dude who posts on a bunch of football boards.. Bad enough he's a die-hard bengals fan. Now this...

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If a fan of an opposing team hit a Titans fan in my section, lawd help them.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We ride together. We die together. Titan fans for life is it ey? :brow:

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The last game, an ex-Auburn linebacker leaned over from the row in front of me and said, "if that Vikes fan behind you doesn't tone back the language, I'm going to yank him down here and wear him out. You with me?"

He said it loud enough for the guy to hear. Not a peep the rest of the game.

Don't mess with 108.

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I like him already...is he coming to the tailgate?

10. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Yikes. That sucks. I'd be considering a lawsuit if I were him. At the least, incessant calls to the Steelers and/or the guy who was driving the car.
    More or less. We should all get "Titans 4 Life" tatoos like Tupac. :brow: Then again, we do not need any escuse for Hoffa to whip off his shirt. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar