Climer thinks QB battle is a sham

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, Jun 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Hasselbeck sucked for the 2nd half of last season...

I told everyone this months ago. It's a sham. Why are you surprised now?

2. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I was at LP field for the week 16 . There were several attempts to get "Locker!" chants started, and hass was playing well that game.

If they start Hass, there will be fans chanting for Locker by the second quarter of the Pats game. It will get ugly.

I think Munch knows that, and will ultimately do the only smart thing and start Locker.

3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I think the competition is a sham ... just in a different sense.

I think the FO is giving Locker every oppurtunity to win this job. They want him to win the job. I don't think it will be given outright, but if it is even remotely close, then Locker gets the nod.

If the FO wusses out and puts Hass in bc of the schedule, I will lose a lot of respect for them, and we will lose a lot of games because of it. There is no reason to hide our QB. This is not VY, so don't treat him like he is.

If we start Hass, then we most likely go 1-3. The fans are pissed, and we pull him for Locker. Hass is humiliated, and it makes the FO look like they made the wrong decision (which they would have). Then Locker needs time to get used to being the starter and his team mates also need to adjust. He takes his lumps for the next 3-4 weeks before he starts to settle in. It is now week 7 or 8 before the Titans are finally starting to play up to the potential. and most likely to late to make a strong playoff push

OR

We start Locker from Day 1. Lets say he also starts off 1-3 (although I think his playmaking ability gives us a better shot than Hass does at winning these first 4 games). After the 1st 4 weeks we are in the same position as when we started Hass, but Locker has already begun to settle in and get used to the NFL game, and he is on the same page with all his team mates. The Titans are now playing up to their potential around week 5. Still time to make a strong push for the playoffs and avoided any drama/QB contorversy from the beginning.

4. MaxFischer

MaxFischer Rookie

What if Munchak and the front office have been unimpressed with Locker in the offseason?

It's quite possible that Hasselbeck has simply beat him for the starting position.

5. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Agree completely. If they start Hass (unless of course, Locker sucks in preseason) I will be among the first on the fire Munch bandwagon. Hiding a QB from a tough start so that you can make a switch midseason is stupid and gutless.

6. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

We didnt hide VY from other teams that is a incorrect statement. We put him up against the toughet teams and he actually came through in the clutch. Unlike locker was able to do against the saints last year when the game was on the line. I have no doubt in my mind that if VY would have been in that posistion he would have sealed the deal and we would have won that game. But thats another story.

Fact of the matter is everyone here is extremely high on Locker based on little evidence. Normally you can tell how good a qb is going to be once teams get tape on them. Dont get me wrong I loved what I saw from Locker, besides not finishing against the saints, in the limited time he got to play. But he still has a lot to prove and a lot to work on. I think whoever gives us the best chance to win at the end of the day should start and even though I hate to say it. Hasselback is the more proven qb and safer bet.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

"Smart" thing?

Sorry... doing what our fans want is rarely the smart thing. The same people that were head over heels with Vince young? No thanks.

8. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

We didnt hide VY from other teams that is a incorrect statement. We put him up against the toughet teams and he actually came through in the clutch. Unlike locker was able to do against the saints last year when the game was on the line. I have no doubt in my mind that if VY would have been in that posistion he would have sealed the deal and we would have won that game. But thats another story.

Fact of the matter is everyone here is extremely high on Locker based on little evidence. Normally you can tell how good a qb is going to be once teams get tape on them. Dont get me wrong I loved what I saw from Locker, besides not finishing against the saints, in the limited time he got to play. But he still has a lot to prove and a lot to work on. I think whoever gives us the best chance to win at the end of the day should start and even though I hate to say it. Hasselback is the more proven qb and safer bet.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Brought in to be a mentor?

He was brought in because we didn't have a legit starting QB and he was the best candidate.

Same case stands today.

And no. Locker didn't outplay him. He could barely complete over 50% of his passes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar