Clinton Portis Scheduled for Titans Tryout

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by skitch, Sep 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Cj will be back to elite status soon. Hold up.

2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

No, you can't be serious and you never are anyways (just a troll).

What kind of message does that send to your team? You can be an idiot who punches teammates in the face repeatedly and get away with it? He wasn't drafted because of his attitude issues. So what does he do to the first NFL team that gives him a camp invite? He comes and pulls the same BS that was the reasoning for him never getting drafted in the first place.

He's a great player but hindsight is 20/20. Keeping him would have sent a message that we don't care much for discipline.

3. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

In hindsight yeah we might've made a mistake letting Blount go but sooner or later he will start punching people or starting fights and get himself suspended.He did it college and then as soon as we invited him here he started the same stuff and we don't need someone like that poisoning the locker room or team chemistry.In the long run i think we will be proven right in letting him go.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

We didn't want Blount off the team, just on the practice squad. Inexcusable blunder by Fisher/MR to try to slip Blount past waivers onto our PS. We did it to make room for Tim Shaw (?) and some other "super special teamer".

I think most everybody except Fisher realized how good Blount is.

5. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

Portis on the team? didn't munchak say that he would only be signed if an injury happened at RB?

6. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

Lol right? Some things I read on this site just don't make sense. Bud gives him 30M guaranteed, and now we're sending him messages? That's dumb. That's like asking a golddigger to get hitched without a pre-nup and dumping her on the honeymoon. You're only screwing yourself at that point.

This makes NO sense. I never thought much of Javon Ringer as a backup. Idk, other people like him, I guess I just don't see it. Jamie Harper on the other hand, he could be pretty damn good. He could almost be LeGarette Blount good. Lol, this darned franchise.

But no really, this ish makes no sense at all. If CJ's gonna continue to be overpaid and suck, let's see what we got in Harper. If we don't wanna throw a rookie to the dogs in week 3 after virtually no offseason, let's just go with Ringer. If we're not happy with a nothing special C grade backup, well then I don't know the answer. But the answer isn't to start a formerly overpaid nothing special senior citizen.

And I don't buy the depth thing. Portis himself is made of glass, and we're worried about ALL 3 of our backs getting hurt and not him? This would just be a stupid waste of money, even if it's not a lot.

But what do I know?

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Cant have a guy that punches teammates, huh?

Donnie Nickey says "Hi"...

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Bitter talk. Blount is everything Lendale was supposed to be for us.

9. GeronimoJackson

Fisher told him he'd have to slap VY to make the roster.

10. GeronimoJackson

I'm all for giving Portis a look, why not, maybe he'll pull a Corey Dillion.

I hate to discredit Ringer especially after the last game because he did play his butt off and I respect that, but I'm just not sold on him. Last game was the first time I saw any kind of power or finesse. Yes, he did average 4.7 yards a carry last season but keep in mind he got a lot of big runs on 3rd and 20's where the defense had everyone back and gave Ringer holes the size of China. But hey, if Ringer has a few more games like last week's and makes me a believer, then so be it, but I've been more impressed with Harper at this point and he complements CJ better.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar