Clottey vs Cotto. Did you watch?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Jun 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You have had problems before dealing with concepts of relativity. You see things at face value and seem to have problems with analyzing things properly.

When duran fought Panzienza he was in his mid 40s. Here was a guy who started his career in 1968 fighting in the mid 90s. Who gives a flying s**t who he lost to when he already had over 100 fights and had been a pro for almost 30 friggin years?

And the camacho fight? He was 50! 50! 50!

What can't you understand about that?

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I knew it.

When gloat, bruce wayne or whatever he wants to call himself started bashing duran i knew in an instant he would bring up some meaningless fights when he was way past his prime. I knew it.

And make fun of duran for getting knocked out by hearns. Can anyone imagine ricky hatton fighting a young tommy hearns? They would have to put him on life support!

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

We judge athletes by their careers- not just by their prime. Jordan playing for Washington hurt his status. Brett Favre is killing his. Etc etc...

Regardless, the guy was still a coward and still unimpressive with his boxing skill. Another guy that buttered his W column by fighting slow white guys with no defense.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ok eddie george sucked. Saw him with the cowboys in 2004, sucked.

FYI most of duran's opponents as a lightweight were guys with spanish surnames. You don't know what you are talking about. Leonard, palomino, cuevas, moore, de jesus which one was white?

Leonard lost to camacho also. POS!

Ali lost to trevor berbeck POS!

Again the inability to analyze and understand.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We judge athletes by their careers- not just by their prime.

Walter payton in 1987 only 533 yards and a ypc of just 3.7. Only 4 rushing TDs. Unimmpressive with his running ability. A coward. Not as good as lendale.

My name is gloat wayne!

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

lol @ the tags on this thread.

7. Deuce Wayne

It's funnier when everyone knows RollTide is the one that wrote them. Again, how is it the inability to analyze? I told you exactly why I think he's overrated. His boxing skills were mediocre. He did nothing special to impress me with his boxing abilities.
    He was a puncher. Nothing more.

And when I watch his highlights- all I see is him beating up on slow white guys. Maybe they were albino Mexicans- but whatever they were, they were garbage. He got a lucky 2 sloppy shots on Leonard. He made his entire legendary status off that- then quit like a little girl the next time he fought him because a couple jabs hit him.

Again:

Coward.
    Nothing impressive boxing-wise.
    Mentally weak.

That's why I don't think he was great. Maybe you should analyze the definition of 'opinion' though?

8. Deuce Wayne

As for judging athletes by their careers- many people DO think Eddie George was mediocre when all is said and done.

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

This thread has some of the funniest tags I've seen in a minute.

Excuse me Gloat, but I'm going to have to see your Top 10 P4P list, sir. *Stares through his state trooper stunner shades* :ha:

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Keep talking duke you keep digger yourself lower with each post.

I also would love to see your top 10 p4p. Is ricardo mayorga #1?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar