C'MON Shanahan, RG3 is not made of glass;

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GrandMajesty1, Aug 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandMajesty1

GrandMajesty1 Special Teams Standout

I think it's safe to say that Shanahan is quietly "shopping" Kirk Cousins. For RG3 to not take a single snap during pre-season, but being able to immediately start Week 1 is pretty ridiculous and obvious, to me at least. It's the Matt Schaub scenario all over again before signing with Houston. Clearly, unless somebody here or out of Washington spends every minute with Griffin and his Doctors, I can't imagine him not being able to play into the third and fourth game even two series per game. Adrianne Peterson had one of the most horrific knee injuries of this generation and played just fine during the pre-season last year, before going onto to having one of the best NFL seasons for a running back. (I know AP is not from this planet).

The worse thing about his decisions is now causing a little dissension with his young quarterback, who has become a little frustrated and bothered by this. The last thing Shanahan wants to create is mild turmoil even in the slightest with his future. He already knows what he has in Cousins and unless RG3 sustains another horrific season ending injury in his sophomore year, in no way shape or form is going to change his bets and go "all in" with Cousins as Washington's future. This is clearly (in my opinion) a tactical but quiet move on his part, advertising just how good Cousins may be to generate a trade with another NFL team next year or even this year. Who knows.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

1st

3. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Shanahan may very well be shopping Cousins. That said, it's a smart move to hold RG3 out of game action as long as the games in question mean nothing. Peterson's situation was obviously extremely rare. Not accusing him of anything outside of the rules while recovering, (not ruling it out either) but his recovery was basically impossibly fast. To expect another player to be able to do that is ridiculous. If players routinely start recovering that fast, then I will adjust my views on this, but as of right now, I consider Peterson's recovery to be flat-out miraculous.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea I dont blame any coach for siting his franchise player, one awkward hit and that Ferrari that is RG3 goes bye bye for another year.

5. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

You guys DO KNOW that AP is a cyborg right?

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Biggest p*ssy of all time: Derrick Rose.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

when is he scheduled to return, 2015?

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

So people get on Shanahan for playing him with an injury last year, for you know, only the playoffs. Now people are on him over risking the health of your franchise player for pre season games. Hilarious. I know there is a lot of skepticism over Shanahan the past few years but come on it's preseason.

9. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

I agree completely. Get off Shanahans back. Dude took a ton of crap when he RGIII went down last year. Now this? I don't get it.

10. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

I can see why you posted this observation. But many teams rest their starting QBs during training camp. Peyton never played pre-season. And Brady used to always sit out until he got hurt, now he takes some snaps just to get warm. Since RG3 is coming off injury, no reason to put any type of added pressure on his knee in games that don't count. Give him the extra weeks to make sure he is as close to 100% for the real games.

It could be shopping Cousins or it could be just playing the backup like the Colts always did

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar