Coach Calipari heading to Kentucky?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UKtitansFAN03

UKtitansFAN03 "Hey Creeper."

It feels wonderful to be hated again.

"My plan is to go to the University of Kentucky for two or three years," he (Wall) said, "and if some time Coach Cal says it's time to go, that's when I'll go."

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

lol @ anyone thinking Cal can coach.

He can RECRUIT. He couldn't coach an average NBA team to a win vs a 1A high school. Trust me.
    The only games Memphis lost, they lost because of his lack of coaching. Talent only goes so far without discipline, strategy, and structure. Cal is clueless when it comes to the game, adjusting, etc.
    TitansErick- making all those tourney appearances when you have the most talent in the NCAA isn't very impressive. There was no excuse to lose the games he did with the talent he had.

See: Being up by 10 vs Kansas and blowing it all due to not slowing it down. And remember the "They'll hit them when they count" (regarding free throws) statement?
    Good call, Cal.

I hate to see the guy go, just because he takes the talent with him. But I HATED him as a coach while he was with Memphis.

Wall is 1 and done. Don't kid yourself and get attached.

3. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

It is highly debateable that he ever had the most talent in the NCAA. Take out Rose and Wagner (both one and done players), and exactly who from Memphis would you consider an elite player? Sure, he had very good talent and very athletic teams, no arguing that, but in a year in year out basis I would certainly take most UNC, Kansas, UCLA, and several other programs over most of Calipari's Memphis teams, when strictly talking about talent.

Memphis did blow the Kansas game, no arguing that either. But, one game does not determine how good or bad a coach is.

4. Deuce Wayne

The guy actually recruited the entire team that was considered "The best High School team EVER". That was the class with Darius Washington Jr, Chris Douglas Roberts, Shawne Williams, etc.

Him not winning a championship with the lineup of Rose, Dozier, Dorsey, CDR, and Andersen was a complete joke.

He constantly recruited top 5.

5. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

But if you compare last year, Memphis had 3 players drafted, Kansas had 3 players drafted. Kansas had 2 first rounders and 1 second rounder. Memphis had 1 first rounder (the top overall pick which has to be considered) and 2 second rounders. Based on that alone, it is at least arguable that Kansas had as much talent as Memphis.

Plus, Roy Williams couldnt win at Kansas, but now has two titles at UNC. So really, Coach Cal's history at Memphis is rather meaningless at this point, and it has been proven very recently that a change of school can put an already very good coach over the top.

6. Deuce Wayne

Right, but last year Kansas had the 'veteran squad' while Memphis was supposed to be too young to compete.

We'll see- but I'm betting Cal is fired after 3 seasons of coming up short. Final 4s and a single Championship VISIT were great for Memphis standards, but that wont cut it at UK. They want championships.

7. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

lol @ Calipari

Report: Player (Derrick Rose) may have cheated on SAT

and he oversaw this, I can guarantee you that ... this was KNOWN about in JANUARY

8. Deuce Wayne

And it begins...

He didn't earn his nickname by chance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar