Coach-Envy: Rex Ryan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by World Peace, Jan 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

It ain't braggin if you can back it up.

Mark this post as "It Sucks" all you want. Let's get one thing clear, I don't like the jets, i hope we beat them everytime we play them but I'm quite envious of the organization and what they have done to get to where they are compared to the Titans.

They're willing to do whatever it takes to win. They bring in LT, Santonio Holmes for a 5th, A rookie QB that everybody thought was gonna be a bust, an excellent Offensive Coordinator... Not to mention stacking the defense.

He has earned the right talk as much smack as he wants because he goes and beats Bellicheat in Foxborough in the playoffs. Has Fisher ever done that?

Oh yeah, He's earned the right to talk smack, even if he doesnt win the superbowl. While the Jets are doing whatever it takes to win, we're probably gonna be stuck with the Kerry Collins 3-and-out show circus show next season because of the perceived organizational nepotism that every one seems to talk so much about.

I type all of this to you wearing my two toned blue titans fleece. I just hate the direction because it seems like we have none.

The definition of insanity is trying the same things over and over and expecting different results.

Why can't we bring in a coach who tells it like it is... just like Rex Ryan?

As a fan, I'm tired of all this sugar coated fisher speak. Interviewing Jeff Fisher is like talking to brick wall. Rex beat Manning and Brady. Rex Ryan has a right to talk as much smack as he wants. Fisher and Ryan supposedly came from the same coaching tree... What's really sad is... I know Jeff has it in him to be that coach. Why isnt he? He seems to just coach scared. Out in vegas they have an old saying... "Scared money don't make no money."

So I leave you with this. Get Coached by Rex Ryan.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT3bs8iK0-o

• High Five High Five x 7
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Rex Ryan inherited a team that was 9-7 and didn't make the playoffs because Brett Favre's arm deflated mid-season.

In his first year there was no improvement record wise. After adding Santonio Holmes, LT, Jason Taylor, Antonio Cromartie and Trevor Price they won two more games. You could argue that team underachieved in the regular season...

The Jets get pub because they're not afraid to tell you how good they think they are.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

New QB (Sanchez) 2 new RB (LT and Greene as opposed to Jones and Washington) and Head Coach from that 9-7 team. Along with the starting 1&2 receivers (now Holmes and Edward)...hardly the same team at all.

4. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

New QB (Sanchez) 2 new RB (LT and Greene as opposed to Jones and Washington) and Head Coach from that 9-7 team. Along with the starting 1&2 receivers (now Holmes and Edward) and new 1 and 2 CB. This is an entirely different team with a few remaining elements as the 9-7 team with Favre

5. Fry

That defense was already in place. They give up a field goal less now than they did with Mangini in his last season, and that's with a BOATLOAD more talent.

6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

That is true. The core of the D is still the same. I think they could beat the Steelers. It's gonna be a fun game to watch, hard hitting.

7. Fry

The guy is winning with talent. The average NFL head coach can win with a talented roster. I'll withhold judgement until he has defections in his staff and guys leave via free agency.

8. 24

24 Starter

He can make adjustments, he's smart defensively, no doubt. But, let's not forget the talent level of the Jets. They have 5 first rounders on their defense, 2 second rounders. They pay for their players. I'm sure if someone found the numbers for this uncapped year, they would be up there.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I hate the guy, but I'm impressed.

I'll probably always hate him, but he knows how to coach.

10. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Who was darelle revis before rex ryan came along? Just sayin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar