coach john thompson comments on fat albert

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by sirjesse, Oct 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

I was listening to coach on my way home and he mentioned something I did not even think about.. (since I was so disgusted with fat albert)......He said he wondered what was wrong with the cowboys....and then spoke of how if someone had hit a boston celtic like that back in his day that the celts would still be beating down another team on monday and a riot would have broken out in boston. That made me think about it.....even if I was a titan.....I would have seriously thought about slugging Albert myself.....or then again....maybe the players on both sides were in disbelief and too stunned to think straight just as I was.......

2. it was a classless act, and im ashamed that someone from our franchise would do something like that

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Interesting point. Dallas sat on their ***. No retaliation.

Those Friggin Hoyas were physical. And they laid the hammer down.

My ex-girlfriend used to be best friends with John Thompson's daughter. And when in the house, she said that there were no family pictures in the whole house, and the only thing on the wall were Hoya Pictures. And that if he was coming down the hallway they had to go into a room to let him pass. Otherwise he would knock them over. And that the house was divided into two halves, one for Thompson, and the other half for the rest of the family.

4. jzcowboy

jzcowboy Guest

This was the first thought I had when watching the game at home last night. At the game I couldn't see what exactly happened. But now that I saw the whole thing I was a little dissapointed that nobody came to his defense on the field. On the other hand maybe its better they didn't as that could have turned completely ugly.

5. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

I doubt most of them (most likely none) saw what happened in all the confusion following a play with bodies lying all around. By the time they knew it, Haynesworth was long gone.

6. Brian

Brian Big Fan

The few players that actually saw it happen probably couldn't believe their eyes. After that, Fatso was ejected so who were the Cowboys supposed to retaliate against? I commend them for not turning the game into a riot once the stomp was confirmed and Albert was killing the buffet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar