Rumor Coach Munch is staying...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tim, Dec 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clayriddick

Clayriddick Special Teams Standout

That's what i'm saying why even have him if u know he can't win a superbowl we need hope on the titans coaches that's been there done that .

2. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

I FEEL the same way you do. The Titans may or may not FEEL that way. I KNOW nothing for fact that he cant get it done. My thing is that people still wont acknowledge an accomplishment if Munch were back and got this team into the postseason. They just say, "yea he will never win a Super Bowl " right off the bat. Right now, realistically, whether its with the change most of us want or if its with Munch, the focus has to be making that 12 team tournament on a semi regular basis then we can fault a man cause he cant win a SB.

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

This is why you have a good GM who overseas the coach and his staff. Like the GM decides on players to sign and draft, if things aren't going well and changes to the staff need to be made, Ruston has to put that in motion both with who is let go and who is brought in to replace them. Basically munch and Ruston will go over everything which include an evaluation of the players and coaching staff.

And I don't understand how people want munch gone but want to keep Ruston. Ruston agreed to the changes on the coaching staff. Ruston has final say on who the coaching staff like he has final say on what players we have...both signed and drafted.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I don't know that Ruston really had much input on the coaching staff. I feel like the GM is incharge of the HC, then you have to let the HC hire his own staff from there. The GM needs to trust his HC to do his job. If he can't do his job, then it is time to move on. And remember, Ruston was not GM when MM was hired IIRC

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

None of you can know for a FACT that munch can't win a Super Bowl, that's just an opinion. Many coaches who have won Superbowls were thought to not be able to. Coughlin was scheduled to be fired at the end of the season when they 'lucked' into a playoff run and had a 'lucky' win.....before he did it again. Billick was viewed as a disappointment because of his offensive failures (he was brought in as an offensive guru to fix their offense) until his team aquired a great dc and hall of fame talent. Vermeil was viewed as a good coach who would never win the big one. Then he did with a new OC who set the league on fire.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Well I guess we better strap in for the long haul then huh, we're probably looking at a Super Bowl by 2032

7. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

That isn't really fair, seeing how anything is technically possible in the NFL.

Give Munch his choice of the best players in the league and I'm sure he could win a Super Bowl. But that isn't a fair statement because I probably could too.

Instead, just look at the individual elements of a coach that make you distinguish between good and bad ones (outside wins and losses)

1.He loses almost all of his challenges.

2.He has routinely made poor choices on staff, which I don't think you can blame on the GM.

3.Does not seem to get his players motivated.

4.Does not bring any skill as a coordinator; so no ability to call plays.

I mean, he just doesn't bring anything to the table as a head coach. He is the confused looking figure head of the organization, but I am convinced he mostly just takes up space. Which would be fine, if he could do 2 or 3 differently, but he is over his head in all areas

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Ahhh ****, i'll probably be dead by then. We all know Alex1939 will.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Watch him outlive you

[​IMG]

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I highly doubt that. Sure he has to sign off on the financial aspect, but no HC with selfrespect would allow someone else to decide on the makeup of his coaching staff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar