Rumor Coach Munch is staying...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tim, Dec 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Blitz bruh. I'll take over the D, you can have the O. Suicide Blitz. Every. Damn. Play. :trophy:

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Okay, so it's the "nice" or "respectful" thing then. It still means you're standing around at the starting line while everyone else is sprinting toward the finish. We're dicking around while other teams are reaching out and trying to build a relationship with potential HC candidates.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

And both of those situations ****ed their respective teams for years. Raheem Morris goes from being hired as the Bucs' DC for a day or two to being an unqualified HC and Munch goes from never being a coordinator to a HC.

If you're going to cut the chord then just do it.

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I could care less if people so called "Believe" in him...Tommy Smith is the owner and paid the big bucks to make these types of decisions with his brain, not his heart. It is statement time! The old man said it himeself, playoffs, or bust. I could see if Munch had a bad year and had a proven track record, but we ALL know that it isn't the case. So come talk to me about loyalty etc...Like I said before, if they keep him, get ready for another sub.500 season in 2014.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Im with you, but Im just trying to figure how this guy still hasn't been axed.

6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

All that they need to look at is the stats of the past 3 years, lack of heart, and the fact that Munch just got out coached by at least two 1st year coaches (Kelly/McCoy). BTW, both the Eagles and Chargers overcame issues, just like the Titans had. Let that soak in for a second.

7. bassplyr

bassplyr Starter

One of the main jobs of the coaching staff is to develop the talent. The Titans have a relatively young roster and this certainly adds more importance to this set of critical tasks. The only group of players I have noticed take a significant step forward are our wide receivers. I can think of no other position/players who have shown significant development under this staff. Verner excelled in spite of the staff pushing Tommy Campbell for the position.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

That excuse worked the past two years, not in 2013 tho

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

You are missing the point. The team was NOT a playoff caliber team last year and we weren't even in the same zip code. This team IS a playoff caliber team. We lost those games against playoff teams but we should have won a few and were in almost all of them.

The point is, we are a much better football team and that IMPROVEMENT is what will keep Munch here if he's not fired.

No playoffs, losing record, etc will be why if he's fired.

10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I still can't believe that many people think that he's gonna be fired. I know it'd be the right decision but it ain't gonna happen. If he was gonna be fired it would have been done already. If the players and Webster both support Munchak then I think that along with his tenure with this organization carry a lot of weight. Which is something that is important to Smith.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar