Rumor Coach Munch is staying...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tim, Dec 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bassplyr

bassplyr Starter

While the AFC South is clearly the worst division in football it also presents the greatest opportunity to make the playoffs. Unfortunately, the Colts have jumped well ahead of the Titans and the Jags are clearly on a steep ascent. Incremental improvement will not get the Titans into the playoffs. It won't even keep us ahead of the Jags. The Texans probably won't go 2-14 again next year.

Saying we are close with what we have and we should stay the course is simply a fear of change on the part of the organization.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

That's just crap that they say to the media. What are they suppose to say? "Yeah, we don't believe in our coach, blah blah blah"... how is that going to look for the player/GM. Pollard already has kinda hinted that this organzation is messed up haha

3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

This team is NOT improved due to Mike Munchak. They spent 100 million dollars, which is why they were more competitive this year, because it sure as hell wasn't Mike Munchak and his coaches. I would argue that to be honest, we are no better than we were the past few years. Why do I say that you ask? Well, we still lost to a team with no wins, we sucked in our division (until games meant nothing), we had one dominant win ALL season and no players have really developed that were supposed to. 7-9. Still a losing record, and 100 million dollars spent to get the same result.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Did we really close the gap that much or did the rest of the WC teams in the AFC just fall back to the pack?

We play in the worst division in football. We should have had four games gift wrapped for us the last three years. That means we need to win six games outside of the division to get at least a WC birth. Couldn't do it, not even while playing in a mediocre conference where 9-7 would have gotten it done.

• High Five High Five x 4
  5. XO

XO Nevada Native

Tennessee, where loyalty means more than winning.

Fisher
    Fulmer
    Munchak
    Trotz

6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Agreed. How much do you have to hand it to a team on a silver platter, and they STILL couldn't capitalize. To be honest, I TRULY don't feel that it would have mattered if Locker was in or not, for those of you that blame our record on the QB position. Maybe they would get another win or so, but I am not sold on it, the problems are MUCH deeper than that, and Locker is inconsistent anyway.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

lol.. according to who? Based on what performance? Which win really says "this is going to be a playoff team!" Which position of ours is even playoff caliber?

Certainly not QB. Certainly not DE.

RB.. I think not.. but arguable.

Titans are a boring team that does not excel at any aspect of the game. Texans were the pits in the league, and still beat us in many statistical categories.

Like fry said.. Titans had an easy road.. and still manage a sub .500 record.

If we managed to bamboozle and hoodwink our way into the playoffs.. guaranteed 1st rd. exit against a legitimate NFL team.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 37m
    The other looming potential opening is with the #Titans. Don’t expect them to make a move today. Will consider their options for a few days

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I don't understand your choices. Horton was DC for the Browns right? There defense was 9th in yds/game but 23rd in points (worse then our defense. They averaged giving up 25.4 points per game. Why would we want that? Chudzinski just got fired for being worse and not developing his team. I have no doubt he'd be a great TE coach but he only has one year of coordinator experience and not sure if that was Cam or Chud seeing his utter failure at Cleveland. Again, I don't see either of these guys as a proven improvement.

Norv turner is the only proven guy you listed for OC.

O'Brien is unproven as an NFL HC. He was an OC for the Patriots who maintained scoring 32 points per game so he can keep things going, but the Pats were a little better before him and after him. So his real track record here as HC is in college. Again, unproven. If you want him because you think he should be HC to mainly run the offense, I see better candidates and don't see how he'd be a better HC.

Gregg Williams of course makes sense as a DC since he has been an excellent one for most of his career.

I don't see Shaw going anywhere either.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

And sadly, despite 3 years of holding the title Mike Munchak isn't "proven" as a HC either. Sometimes you have to take risks in order to have success. I really don't get this scaredy-cat mentality of "what if the new guy doesn't work out?" Well, news flash, the current guy hasn't been working out either.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar