Coach Munchak not showing enough emotion, passion or drive on sidelines...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Sep 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Yes its only been one game and i'm willing to give the man a chance to prove himself but wouldn't you like to see him show more feeling on the sidelines.Seems to me like he has that Wade Phillips expression where he always looks like everything is content or a non expression almost.I would like to see him show some fire or passion every now and then or maybe get a little animated.

Sometimes a team feeds off the coach and i think we could use that.

Would like to see him show a little bit more emotion.

Also don't take this post the wrong way.In no way am i doubting his dedication or committment.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I can see where you're coming from. But you gotta remember he's a first time head coach. He still looked a bit uncomfortable/nervous out there to me. I'm sure we'll see him open up a bit more as he gets more comfortable.

Then again, some coaches are just like that. They choose the calm and collected route over fiery and emotional.

3. amy

amy Starter

If you have noticed, most pictures of him show that same expression. It's the way he is. I'm sure if he gets upset enough, he will show emotion.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

He doesn't have to yell or scream or jump up and down but i would like to see some evidence of coaching going on and not just a spectator with a head set.

I hope he is not just delegating and watching. And if the o-line is struggling or for that matter any part of the team he could go over there and take part in what the coaches are doing.

He is the guy who has to bring the whole team together so we are not just a jumble of different parts and roles.

5. RTH

RTH Meh...

Eh, he's new and settling in. He might be like this or he might not be. Time will tell.

Besides, it could be worse..:

[​IMG]

Sometimes too much emotion/passion is simply too much.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Tom Landry was that way but then Landry was running the whole offense and calling plays for the cowboys. It's not his demeanor that bothers me it is how involved he seems to be. Is he confident enough to be involved?

As an O-line coach he got to operate behind the scenes so to speak. Now he is the main guy.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He needs to never wear that dumb hat again. He looked ridiculous.

8. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

Belicheck and Dungy, though I'm not trying to say Munchak is in that league by any means yet, aren't one to show emotion.

Just saying Munchak is of that breed that aren't going to show emotion a lot like those two. It's not like that type of coach can't have success. And besides Gray is the one who will show emotion on that sideline for the D which is the main place we need that emotional motivation.

• High Five High Five x 4
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Munchak says all the right things, but is he doing all the right things? I say no, and would like to see some type of animation from the first year head coach.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Jeff Fisher proved that emotion isn't always what a team needs. A good coach is.

Munch doesn't need to skydive into practice. He needs to coach the players.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar