Coaching candidates and interviews

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

Current Giants DC and Titans HC candidate Perry Fewell acknowledged the Titans' need for a franchise quarterback following his Friday interview.
    "That would be the challenge," Fewell said when asked about finding a quarterback. "They have one of the best backs in the league and a great offensive line. They have very talented receivers. So just adding another piece to that puzzle should help the Titans win the division and then enter the playoffs." It's encouraging for Titans fans that Fewell understands the need for a new signal caller, but current OL coach Mike Munchak remains the frontrunner to land the job. At this point it looks like a decision won't be made until after the Super Bowl.

2. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I'm still holding out hope we go outside the organization and hire Fewell. I think he would be a great fit.

3. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I do too, but I think at this point it is heavily dependent on how our FO is betting on the outcome of the CBA...which leads me back to Munchak (just my hunch).

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If Munch becomes HC, I don't see how Dinger would not be the OC again next season unless he steps aside.

This might be good for another thread but who do we see stepping in at OC/DC if Munch becomes HC?

5. emong

emong Rookie

Munch will have to open up his phone book and dial up old friends to be his assistants. In keeping up with tradition and because of the current limitations because of a lack of a CBA, he might just promote from within. In all cases, I am looking forward to many years of mediocrity interspersed with moments of brilliance.

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I've been a Titans fan for the majority of my life and that statement sums up exactly what we always, as fans, think about our team. It sucks that I can't trust the owner, the front office, the coach, the (ex) quarterback and Justin Gage. Still a fan, though.

7. Thefreak

Thefreak Shut Down Corner

If Munch is the guy I hope we aggressively target Winston Moss. He's the best choice in my opinion. He has had the respect of the league for the last couple of years, and most importantly is the only guy who currently is not a coordinator.

Technically the Packers could decline our request to talk to him as he was given the dubious assistant head coach title. Essentially the Packers could deny any request by a team to talk to him unless it is for a head coaching position, although it is very unlikely they would deny an AFC team the request.

8. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

As long as we get either Munch or Fewell i'll be happy. Luckily those are the two front runners I think :)

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Why would Mawae and more importantly Earl Campbell endorse a guy when they have no real ties to the franchise?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar