Coaching, Coaching, Coaching

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CollinsQB, Nov 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CollinsQB

CollinsQB Rookie

Last week - 10 men on the field two plays in a row.....coaching

This week - Two illegal formation penalties in a row.....coaching

Getting the ball knocked loose countless times.....coaching (did they not give the players the heads up that the Bears, and specifically Tillman love to do that? Maybe that would have been too much information for the young WR's to handle, wait that was last weeks excuse.)

If I were a top level coach looking for work I would probably look at the huge amount of under performing young talent and want to come to Nashville, if someone were willing to hire me....

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

The illegal formation is not coaches fault at all. I guess they could have called 2 timeouts to prevent the penalties. Mental mistakes are not on the coaches.

However, how they punish them is on the coaching and how piss poor their performance is on them also.

3. CollinsQB

CollinsQB Rookie

I respectfully disagree.

Mental mistakes are all about coaching, it is up to the coaches to teach their players discipline and hold their players accountable for mental breakdowns. When is the last time anyone in the Titans locker room was held accountable for anything (except Vince Young because Fish had a personal issue with him)?

If they are making these huge mistakes in the games they are probably making them in practice, being woefully unprepared (like not knowing about the officials scouting report or apparently not knowing anything about the Bears D or what they are trying to accomplish out there) is all on the coaching staff.

When is the last time you saw (insert top level coach's name here)'s team commit two illegal formation penalties in a row or have ten men on the field two plays in a row. I have been watching football for many years and I cant remember a single time either of these things happened to any team, let alone a well coached team, let alone two weeks in a row.

This team is one thing away from being a factor......new coaching staff.

• High Five High Five x 5
  4. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Munchak and co is 3-12 vs teams with a .500 or better record

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Good post. What I'm trying to say is that, not all penalties fall on coaching. I played football in high school and we had a hell of a coach, but that didn't prevent me or anyone else on our well coached team from jumping offside or lining up in an illegal formation.

Now if we had a penalty, you better believe we ran, ran, ran or did grass drills the next day. I'm not sure if Munchak is doing that to the players though. So I guess it will be a common theme in Nashville.

7. Ghost

I was listening to XM radio NFL channel 88 earlier and they had Phil Simms on and he was speaking about a conversation he had with Giants HC Tom Coughlin.

The basics of the conversation was that with the new CBA deal, the coaches dont have the time to properly coach the players. No time to punish, or "recoach" basics they barely have enough time to coach their plays. The coaches are basically counting on the players to be "professionals".

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Was it bud adams who decided solely to sign michael"icanttackleapeewee" griffin? Or, do you think the coaches had anything to say about it? Just curious, cus if one of the coaches is responsible,,,,,, then this coaching staff should be, well, you can decide the verb.

9. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

Our coaches are terrible! Lets clean house!

10. Ghost

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar