Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Coach's Challenges

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Jpalmer76, Nov 15, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. 520 Starter

Moolah:
    $5,300
    if they gave the colts that challenge the stadium woulda rioted. not out to get us they just don't mind stepping on us to help out the marketable teams
  2. 520 Starter

Moolah:
    $5,300
    how bout tea bag then break the leg.
    I think the tea bag will be much more effective without the pain of a broken leg to deal with
    The Hammer high fives this.
  3. amy Starter

Moolah:
    $1,776
    I'm old. I grew up watching sports with my dad and four brothers. My dad coached basketball and baseball and almost every year went to some kind of post season playoffs. I was schooled on how games are played and how refs react. Refs DO play favorites, based on who the team is, who the is player flavor of the week, who the coach is. They try not to-maybe-but they are human and humans play favorites. It's in the makeup of what we are. And because the refs have favorites, they see the play based on their mindset. . Perception is all there is in this existence and we all perceive things differently. So, by nature, refs cannot be neutral. It is what it is.

And this your lesson for the day. Use it wisely:p:cj:
    Titans Eternal high fives this.
  4. ColtKiller Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $4,055
    I've had my fill of Mike and the Munchkins, whole staff needs to get bounced. That being said, he gets screwed all the time on challenges. The Colts first down and Jags touchback were clearly called wrong. It's painful at times.
    Titans Eternal high fives this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,378

4 feet? Luck needed binoculars to see the down marker he was that far away.
    titan520 high fives this.
  5. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $53,089

He lets the crowd dictate his challenges. And at least half of our fans are morons who don't fully understand the game of football.
    Dman high fives this.
  6. Dman Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $8,100
    Every time Munch throws the challenge flag I cringe and say bye bye timeout.
  7. RTH Meh...

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $8,746
    To be fair... I think it's pretty clear that the Refs don't really pay much attention to anything Titans' related - I.E.: Jake Locker's first injury and Walker getting headbutted.
    titan520 and Alzarius high five this.
  8. Dman Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $8,100

I don't think Locker's first injury was that bad, he is just brittle and they did call a flag on the play. As for the headbutt, I agree they were nowhere to be seen there!
  9. RTH Meh...

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $8,746
    I don't think they threw flag on Locker's first injury against the Jets. The Ref told that first defender he was fine and it was a legal hit - which is was EXTREMELY borderline. MY problem is the SECOND hit that actually caused the injury and was EXTREMELY late and not borderline. Not called at all because you can literally watch the play happen and the Ref that is supposed to be watching the Play around the QB wasn't. He watched as the ball left Locker's hand.

You can literally see the Ref watching the ball, and not the QB, as Locker is getting hit by both players.
    GoT and Dman high five this.