Cobb or andrews who stays

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Mar 7, 2016.

?

Who stays

Poll closed Mar 14, 2016.
  1. Cobb

73.9%
  2. Andrews

34.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

With murray here, and even if he wasn't, there's not room on this team for both cobb and Andrews. Andrews got resigned for a 1 year 600000 dollar no guarantee $$ , screams camp cut to me. Basically the same role for these guys, short yardage back/ give demarco a break. I obviously like cobb more for that as andrews thinks he's cj2k and dances around the backfield too much unless the hole is obvious then maybe he rumbles for 15 yards. If I need two yards I'd trust cobb to get it for me.

2. RTH

RTH Meh...

DMC goes

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Not sure why we don't keep both, I think Sankey is the guy out of here. Andrews is on a very cheap contract and we just drafted Cobb last season.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  4. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Think Cobb cause hes younger. Andrews can catch though.

Cobb has the edge but if he doesn't take offseason seriously he could be easily gone.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

They are both the same player Cobbs just not slower than his lineman.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. RTH

RTH Meh...

Battle it out in training camp

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Murray is a 3 down back. He averages 3 catches per game when looking at his career average. Only time he's coming off the field is to take a few snaps off for a break. Andrews is a really cheap option for depth and we're not cutting Cobb one season in. If I had to pick I would say Andrews but he'll be right back on the team if we have a significant injury on the team. I would like to upgrade McCluster with a different scat back that's a bit more efficient.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why would Sankey go after just 2 seasons? He only makes $150K more than Andrews in salary and even if they cut him they have to eat $250K in prorated bonus money. Might as well try and get something out of him.

Sankey's 4.1 ypc is sure more impressive than Cobb's 2.8.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

They can still put Cobb on the practice squad. I doubt if there are too many teams willing to make a roster spot for him unless he performs well in preseason. nobody claimed him from there last season.

To automatically give Cobb a pass just because he is a 2nd year player doesn't make sense if it ends up cutting Sankey a 3rd year player we invested a 2nd rd pick on.

10. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Ditch Sankey. Ditch Andrews. Ditch DMC

Keep Cobb around as a backup way too early to cut ties on him even though he really underwhelmed all of us and every "expert" who called him a sleeper last year ...

Bring someone else in for emergency

Murray, Cobb, a draft pick (Or FA)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar