Code Blue, Monday Night, Rivalry...and a dead crowd.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I went tonight expecting it to be the way it was back in 99, or at least close to as chaotic. But I was wrong. Me and my friend were amazed by how quiet our crowd was on such a stage. This game was huge - and if you werent in to it, I dont know if it'll get any better. We even had the "blue" theme going.

But it seemed as if the frozen tundra type weather (a whopping 44 degrees!) made everyone want to snuggle up and nap.

What happened to our crowd?

also: it truly p's me off to see 30% of the stadium in royal blue colts gear. The Titans arent the Vols - and Peyton never won you anything anyway.

Oh - and shouts to BiPolar, Hoffa, and Titanium. At least from first impressions - I think OUR folks represented right.

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I thought the crowd was rather into it myself. But there really aren't any super loud stadiums in the NFL anymore. Maybe you just way to high a standards?

3. Deuce Wayne

Yeah. That's possible.I guess the excitement of a new team and all has died down since 99-00 so it probably wont ever be the same. Our crowd doesnt make much of a difference these days, but back then you could see/hear the electricity even just by watching the games on tv. Now you can have a phone conversation on 3rd downs without even raising your voice.

4. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

I don't know where you sit but the crowd was loud dude.
    I sit 5 rows off the field and it was deafening.

I'm not saying you do this but i think too many people compair pro crowd sound levels to college and you juist can't do this.

It was loud
    was it as loud as 99-00? probably not
    But it was damn loud

5. Deuce Wayne

well, ive been plenty of times since 99 and every time i'm a bit disappointed. so I guess it just wont be the same again. The crowd seemed to finally wake up in the 4th also. But at first, our D would make a good play - and there'd be silence.

6. Amishboy

Amishboy Camp Fodder

Well I have noticed that there were a lot of "hey look at me I'm going to the big game people" who just want to say they went. There are a lot of people there who don't even seem to know the rules of football or who is even playing.

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

gloat you are SO right, PEYTON is not a part of the VOLS! That was KILLING me last night

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I think a few factors were at play here

1) most of these people had worked all day
    2) the rest had been drinking all day
    3) cold , nay frigid, weather doesn't bring out the rowdy much
    4) like someone said, this was NOT the regular crowd

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

It wasn't as loud as it's been a few times in the last year or two, but I certainly wouldn't have said it was dead. It wasn't as constant as I was expecting, but we definitely had some moments where everyone was paying attention. I half-lost my voice in the cold, so I got a little quieter.

I do think Puck's four factors are significant though.

10. DJB

DJB Starter

I was also surprised at the number of people at my work who went to the game just because it was a big event. They cant name half the people on the Titans but with MNF and the hype they just had to be seen there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar