Colin McCarthy is our MLB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ai2Ai, Nov 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I don't like that attitude, how many consistent playoff caliber teams waste mid to late picks like that?

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

How often are we playoff caliber? Lol I'd love to be but let's be real. A 4th to us is as good as a first.... Doesn't mean we are going to lose out on a great player.. I hope CM is our starting MLB for the next 10 years too... But he was a calculated risk... That so far has been a great turn around.

3. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

I realize this.......just noting that he was effective in doing so....long arms make a difference.

4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

McCarthy had 1 serious injury in college. Other than that, he was a 4 year starter and pretty durable.

The knock on him was his athleticism. I think everyone thought he was a great tackler and had a nose for the football. The concern was that he lacked the athleticism to make up for when his aggressive put him out of position. So far, so good...

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

McCarthy runs a 4.6 40 so I don't get the lack of athleticism part. The guys might not be an edge rusher but he is plenty athletic enough to play MLB and can probably plays some strong side as well. Right now like most rookie LBs he is learning to play the pass better but IMO he has the abilkity to stay with TEs. He just needs technique and needs to learn from getting reps. He seems smart enough you won't fool him more than once.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I was at the game live today (had a great time) and he was an absolute beast!

7. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

i really thought coming into this season that Ayers would be our star rookie on defense but he's been a disappointment while McCarthy has done very well. Ruud better not come back and start over him!

8. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I don't think Ayers has been a disappointment, he;s shown flashes, he's also disappeared at times. He is just a rookie though, not everyone can be McCarthy :p

9. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Patriots.

10. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Teams that dont have one of the greatest coachs of all time lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar