Colin McCarthy

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thaddeus43, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

perfect Gunny, perfect.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

What amazes me is how physical McCarthy is and how he's involved on every single play. Can't wait until he starts to get some recognition this year!

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I think another thing to mention, when mentioning McCarthy, is Jurrell Casey. I think the two compliment each other because Casey demands such attention. He's also a very hard hitter too. He literally knocked Turner off his feet and changed his running style for the rest of his game last season. That's a tough thing to do. Casey is the anchor of our D-Line, and now that the rest of the guys are stepping up, there not gonna be able to double team him every play.

I predict 4+ sacks this weekend against Brady and even more hurries and QB hits.

4. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Pretty tall order to fill. I hope you're right.

5. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

With all of McCarthy's hard hitting, hope he has a high tolerance of concussions. Him being out any will be detrimental on defense.

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I was gonna put 5+, but I wanted to be conservative. I definitely think we'll get 4 though. We've been getting close to 4 by halftime so far. We haven't even gotten to see our 1st team defense together for a whole game yet.

I believe that this game will be determined by Jake Locker and our offense. I don't expect the Pats to run up the score on us. Even if they put together some quick drives early, I expect our defense to adjust and to keep them out of the endzone. I expect them to do that by hitting Brady early and often. I've got confidence in Gray and this defense.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Yes he does have good instincts. But he isn't slow either.

I'll ask a dumb question. Who is faster - Ayers or McCarthy? Or between McCarthy and Lavont David
    Answer that first and then look it up.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft/combine/_/id/89/year/2011/sort/shuttle

8. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Its been a while since I was able to say that we have talent on every level of our D. Good DL, LBs (I need Brown to obtain a quick learning curve), and DBs (need the safeties to step up to the level our corners).

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I'm actually expecting good safety play this year. It's been a long time since we've had that, but we've made some changes and I think we finally have a decent unit. I'm interested to see Johnson in live action and I think Griffin will rebound from his slump. Who knows what this year may bring.

10. MFister

MFister Rookie

That's actually not surprising as Ayers came out of college as kind of a DE/LB hybrid.
    Needless to say McCarthy is a beast and he is the next Brian Urlacher of the league. He's a tackling machine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar