Coliseum May Get New Name for '06

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

woodshed sounds kinda stupid to me.

2. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

well, NOBODY ASKED YOU!!!!!!!!!!!:grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

(just kidding Gunny):brow:

3. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I don't mind the "Woodshed" but "Louisiana Pacific Coliseum" is horrible. They could call it the "L-Pac Coliseum" or something... Not a big fan of the Nissan idea. I know there big here and all but I just don't like it. Maybe we could all pitch in and call it the "GoTitans Coliseum"... I've got a couple mil burning a hole in my pocket.:lol:

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm with you Jeff.
    It makes alot more sense to me for Nissan to spend the ad money on something like this than LP or Adelphia. I bet Adelphia didn't hardly see any benefit from their sponsorship and I doubt LP would get much either based on increased sales. However, automotive companies spend millions each year on commercials and Nissan would get pub everytime the Titans played and even on Sports Center when they showed highlites. Nationally televised games would result in a decent bang for the buck IMO.

5. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

good point like that to but i like "woodshed" better

6. hrudy18

hrudy18 Camp Fodder

Nobody likes the "Cracker Barrel Coliseum"? At least the food would be better at the games.....

However, if LP gets the deal, are they going to give away free wood posts to the fans? It would be scary to see 65,000 fans with 5 foot wooden posts. That would give incentive to the refs to help us out (We are going to need all the help we can get....).

7. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

I'd settle for a wooden paddle -- or maybe a 2x4.

8. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

L-Pac Coliseum didn't sound too bad. Hey, maybe it would make Pacman play better........

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Pacman's head is big enough as it is. He will think it is being named after him.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

whats the going rate for naming rights anyway ?
    didn't Adelphia pony-up about $30million over 30 years ?

at a million a year ..... let me do some calculating
    let's say 62,500 attend every regualr season game
    if everyone agreed to pay an extra $2 per ticket ........
    that would amount to $1mill / year ...
    then the fans could hold a contest to select a name

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar