Coliseum May Get New Name for '06

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I am telling you from someone who works in a corporate environment there are goods and bads of putting your name on a stadium. Companies like LP and Adelphia do not have anything to lose by going into the market for the name of stadium. Nissan does. So the Titan becomes a "Titan's" truck I could just imagine the PR nightmare this would start.

Sounds good to Titans fans but that is about the extent of it.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Adelphia was 15 years i believe.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I am in strong agreement with that.

4. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

I agree.
    However, I have heard that they really want to bring either a Senior PGA tour event back to Nashville, or even a PGA tour stop. They have been the title sponsor of what used to be the Los Angeles Open at the Riviera Country Club for years (since they were HQ'd there).
    That may be where they want to put there money.....or not...just something I had heard. May or may not be the case.

5. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

Today's Tennessean said the going rate is $2-7 million/year and estimated the LP deal would be in the neighborhood of $4 million/year. Adelphia was paying $2 million/year. Here's a graphic of recent deals:

[​IMG]

6. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

Lucas Oil Staidum-Indianapolis Colts????

Anyways what ever happened to the tlak about the new scoreboards?

7. I guess they waited until drafting Vince Young so they could demand a higher price...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar