College Football Playoffs

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by titanthakur, Dec 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Hats off to Clemson. Their game plan (wear out the Bama D and go off in the second half) worked and Watson played lights out. They did catch a lucky break with Scarbrough getting injured, but one of their better defensive players went out too, so that's a wash.

Bama's defense wasn't as deep as it was last year, so when they had to live on the field because Sarkisian seemed lost and Hurts is a true freshman, it wore them out. Also, Renfrow is Bama's kryptonite for whatever reason and Williams is just a lights out WR; wouldn't be mad picking him at 5 at all (if he's there, which is unlikely I think).

2. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

Why is it that the Titans are the only team in all of football that get called for OPI on pick plays?

Anyway, good game to Clemson. I'm loving all the SEC DEAD, DYNASTY OVER talk.

Hurts is a freshman... He'll develop and be fine. He's got Stewart(probably), Ridley, Scarbrough, Harris and Jacobs returning. Fitzpatrick, Hamilton and Evans will run the defense. And this... https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2017

Bama will be fine.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

Also, I don't think it's on Sark. These were the same plays that Kiffin was calling against Washington. I think Saban told them to call it too conservatively hoping the defense would bail them out. It was obvious Saban told Sark to not put Hurts in a bad position.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Saban was probably anticipating relying almost entirely on Scarbrough after the Washington game.

Probably would have worked too, but thems the breaks.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Actually, I'm fine with that.

Not sure what's so difficult for you guys to understand after all this time. I'm not an unreasonable homer when it comes to my teams.

Better OSU getting trashed than UM. UM was wore down. Injuries. I didn't think they'd win in a PO scenario.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Oh god. You're really using sh*tty meaningless bowl games to determine which conference was deserving or best?

The fug outta here.

Half the bowl games both teams look like entirely different squads. Some teams simply look uninterested. A lot of players sit out to avoid injury.

Bowl games are essentially the college equivalent to NFL preseason games.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Let's be honest, they were never tested by a legitimate starting QB all season. QB play in that conference is bad. Chad is Kelly is probably the best they went against all year and he's above average.

8. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

As an Alabama fan, I'll agree I've been consistently underwhelmed by their DB play. As good as their fronts play on both sides of the ball, the secondary is just usually a step behind. I get Saban's outlook, get to the QB and anyone can play DB, but it's still frustrating. They've had solid players, but never a stud. Collins is blowing up in the NFL but I never expected that from his time at Bama. I thought he'd be solid, but now the playmaker he has become.

With that being said, if Minkah Fitzpatrick can play in a natural position and not be relied on to always cover for an injury he can be a stud.

9. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

Am I alone in thinking Herbstreit is the worst?

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The SEC is dead. Bama is alive and well. The other 13 programs though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar