College Football Should Be Banned

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by XO, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XO

XO Nevada Native

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Uhh yeeea...... Thats not gonna happen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. jdog

jdog I like beer!

So should politicians, accident and divorce attorneys, diarrehea etc. But let's start with college football so tuition can go up 3000 percent and we can recruit NFL players right out of highschool or better yet do away with athletics , go all egghead and everybody get fat and lazy. Well, we are already 1 outta 3 right now.

4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

It. Can't. Be. Done.

Otherwise, you'd have to get rid of the other athletic programs to justify your decision. Athletics are a part of college. What they need to get rid of, are the boards whose only goal is to exploit the student athletes to line their own pockets.

5. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Yeah, and NFL should also be banned.

I mean, it distracts millions of Americans on Sundays when they are supposed to be in the sweatshops contributing to society.

Ohh wait, my bad, I'm describing the Soviet Union.

Only read the first 3 paragraphs; stupidest thing I have ever read.

Yeah, ok, 3 hours every Weekend is a distraction to education.

Nice. Might as well go ahead and remove cafeterias, gyms, pools, parks, fountains, theatres and benches; since none actively contribute to education.

Was expecting something about paying players, the BCS, the overpaid coaches; nope, a distraction. What. a. joke.

How ignorant can people be....

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

The minute someone makes you sign up to play football, or sit down to watch a game I agree.

Stupid article, stupid idea, stupid thread.

7. XO

XO Nevada Native

They are not stupid articles. It is just a hard truth to face. It is a topic that has to be examined objectively which is challenging for college football obsessed fans.

College football is beyond broken and someone will eventually need to step in or it will die on its own. Saying silly things like "well we should ban the NFL too lol" has nothing to do with it. These are academic institutions.

I watch the NFL because I want to see the world's best not 19 and 20 year old amateurs. People seem to forget that these are academic institutions. It is a little bizarre the way we follow these schools. Really it is the system if you think about. College football is big business and the major conferences have pretty much become a minor league for the NFL. The athletic departments have become businesses in themselves. A brand name that can be sold and marketed. All of it built on the backs of "students". The NFL exist to make money and entertain. CFB does the same thing while hiding behind the facade of amateur athletics.

I say pay the kids, tear down the NCAA and separate these football programs from the universities. Your average fan follows CFB for entertainment and has no place in the academic side of the institution. Bottom line, fanatically following an academic institution that you have no educational connection to is a bit bizarre when you think about it. I don't care because that is just our culture especially here in the southeast. I'm just saying if you step back and look at CFB objectively for what it has become it is a bit weird.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

8. XO

XO Nevada Native

A hard truth? Have this one, CFB is indentured servitude at best, a type of slavery at worst.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

9. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

10. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

It sounds like someone is butt hurt that the college team didn't give them a scholarship...
    College football and sports is a great concept... scholarships can help pay for their tuition, give them an education and get them off the street...(even though not everyone is taking advantage of it)
    Without college football it'd be hard to have any NFL...or any other leagues for that matter...
    College sports is a good form of entertainment along with occasional life savers... kids are fighting for a great opportunity.. it gives them a meaning to live... without college sports, players like michael oher and bruce Irvin may be in jail.. or dead..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar