College Football Should Be Banned

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by XO, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Do you guys understand how much out of state tuition costs to these major universities? Or free meals for a year?

You guys understand how much Arena players are paid?

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Arena is not football, it's some cruel joke.

But yes, I know the expenses being picked up are pretty big. But at the same time college football players sacrifice a decent amount so the universities can profit. it's simply not fair.

And please don't talk about free rides and scholarships. Those guys aren't there for that, that's just the NCAA's way of not admitting their cheating these players out of their share.

And not all these guys make it to the NFL where they can recoup the money they missed out on in college.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

So they are missing out on Arena league money??

Let's be real here, people are not going to support a minor league like they would college regardless of the athletes. Why? Because there is not fan affiliation like there is in college.

If these guys don't want scholarships and a college education they have the option of Arena, CFL, or the German national football league. They can try to go NFL after that.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I would love for some sort of non-academic football conference/minor league too emerge. That way the state funded universities could actually put student athletes on the fields/courts. I would be way more interested in college athletics if the games were actually played by student athletes.

Back in the real world the scholorships should be 4 years academic with athletic elegability on a year too year basis like it is now. Currently the SAs have too put a ton of time into their athletic side in order too maintain the scholorship. The threat of losing the academic scholorship should be removed IMO.

SAs should recieve exactly zero beyond scholorship/room/board/supplies/fees/ect. There should be absoutly nothing beyond this because ultimately that is public funds, in the vast majority of cases, being funneled into private hands. I am just opposed too this.

5. jdog

jdog I like beer!

If you want to talk about dedicating your life to sweat , pain and for the most part little money for the effort, take a look at what it takes to make it as a pro cyclist. Only the top ten percent ever make any real money.

6. JCBRAVE

90% of these guys are NOT getting college educations. They get placed in some remedial azz class they can pass and stay eligible.

7. JCBRAVE

Who wants to see "student athletes" play football? Not me.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I would.

You would be watching the NonAcademic Conference and I would be watching the other games. At least the state funded schools could drop those degrees that only athletes on scholorship can obtain. I mean really those guys have classes that only they can attend and still cant stay eligable - pathetic.

roundball might actually be watchable again and yes football would clearly suffer athletically, but I would be ok with that. I could always watch the NonAcadecmic games too check out the future Titans. And some of the state funded players would make it cause some of these guys actually want too earn a real degree. I mean Vanderbilt gets 20+ guys a year and too my knowledge they have too go too real classes.

9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

LOL if you want to watch the "student athletes" play.....there are plenty of University Club Football teams across the nation where they are not on scholarship....Have fun with that. I played for one last year and its not too far away from pop warner...

10. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Then it is good that they have an education and can make something more of themselves than "Professional McDonald's Burger Flipper" no?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar