College Football w/ Playoff System

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by GTFO my pancakz, Jul 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

So I don't really get what the hold up is. Every year there is some sort of controversy over the BCS system so why doesn't the NCAA include a playoff with at least the top 8 to 16 teams battling it out for the national championship. Playoff equals better ratings, more money, more entertaining, and gives all those non BCS eligible teams a shot at being national champs. Makes perfect sense to me. I would just like to get you guys feedback on all of this.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

It's not happening because of $$$.

But I say it every year, :grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr: a playoff system until college fixes its other problems. Every conference needs to have a championship game, that is the first step I want to see towards a fair playoff.

Also a playoff system would mean teams shouldn't schedule difficult non-conference opponents. A better idea would be to start normalized rotating scheduling system like the NFL.

I also think the non major conferences need to either be treated as equal to the major conferences, or D1 college football needs to divide itself into two divisions.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We need a playoff system in college football. But because of the money factor the BSC creates its unlikely to happen any time soon. I HATE the BSC, the winner isn't even technically the national champion, the winner is guaranteed at least a share of the national championship. Whats up with that!?! This system is so messed up its beyond repair. They need to kill the BCS. At least Obama knows the deal.
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3WDuQe89kJM&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3WDuQe89kJM&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I gotta agree with Alex here. Each of the BCS conferences should have a champion. That way, those six champions can be seeded based on BCS ranking and plugged into the bowl system much like the current bowls are determined. The BCS can then determine the two at-large teams.

That's an eight-game playoff with 1 facing 8, 2-7, 3-6, 4-5 which would result in the eventual National Champion playing three-games. The first round would be held at the university with the highest rank (1-4). For the final four, the top bowls can rotate each year as they do now or have them bid for the top seed.

Rose Bowl
    Sugar Bowl
    Orange Bowl
    Fiesta Bowl

The National Championship would be up for bid as the NFL does the Super Bowl.

I really can't understand opposition here. The top-ranked teams get another home game. The bowls get their game (and the teams the revenue). The final would get monster money. Imagine the TV and sponsorship revenue this would receive.

Give everyone a bye the week after the conference championships which usually falls on the first Saturday of December. That'll put the first round starting around the third weekend of December. Then, the final four bowl matchups can be January 1 with the final in mid-January on a Monday night when there is no MNF (NFL Playoffs).

:yes:

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar