College playoff is a sham!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Alex1939, Dec 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

This is totally ridiculous that Ohio state or tcu will be left out! A true champion can't be crowned when everyone doesn't get a chance to compete! Playoffs are fake and meaningless!

That was the criticism of the bcs and it's exactly what we have with the 4 team playoff. So all of you that bitched about the bcs are outraged over this, right? Right?????

• Boring Boring x 2
  2. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

I won't be mad if OSU doesn't get it. We should of took care of Virgina and we didn't.

But I will be praying to the football gods that we do get it.

The real sham is why isn't Tennessee in?!?!?

I mean they basically play in the NFL, they should automatically get to be in, they won 6 games!!

3. Alex1939

So if you won't be mad then why even change it from the BCS system to a 4-team playoff? You could say the exact same thing during the BCS era, if you lose a game you give up control of your fate.

4. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

More $$$$$$ ?

I never had a problem with the BCS.

But I also like the playoff system. Makes things more interesting

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Alex1939

Okay that's cool then.

My beef is that a lot of people bitched bitched bitched and moaned about how the BCS was the worst thing ever... even though pre-BCS there were just random bowl games with rankings having no determination on matchups.

So the big BCS criticism was certain 1 loss teams getting left out... well that is exactly what is happening with a 4 team playoff so nothing is fixed! Where is the outrage!

For the record I do like the switch to playoffs but it really needs to be 16 teams to try and end any controversy about teams not getting a shot at the championship in the postseason.

6. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

16 teams sounds great to me!!!

7. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

What is the difference? It's still a group of people determining who THEY subjectively think deserves to keep playing.. just instead of 2 teams it's 4.. whoopty do

it's not some huge change people want to act like it is

If it were a real playoff system it would require every major conference to have its own championship and then only those winners would be in the playoffs.

8. XO

XO Nevada Native

We need controversy.

It will force them to expand the playoff even faster.

16 teams

9. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Um because now you have 4 teams playing for a chance to go into the NC game.

How is it not different?

If this was still the BCS, I doubt FSU would be #3

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

sounds good to me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar