Collin Mooney wanting to prove he belongs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

When the Titans promoted fullback Collin Mooney from the practice squad to the 53-man roster a day before the team’s season opener against Pittsburgh, some figured it was a temporary move.

Yet so far, Mooney hasn’t given the team any reason to replace him.

According to Pro Football Focus, Mooney is the NFL’s top-rated fullback after two weeks.

“But to be honest, when it comes to grades or things like that, it is not just me, it is everybody,’’ Mooney said. “If someone else isn’t doing their job, then I can’t do my job. It all works together.”

Mooney played 20 snaps against the Texans, a week after playing 17 snaps against the Steelers.

He said he won’t relax.

“I just have to keep working hard and show that I can be trusted,’’ Mooney said. “I’m playing it one week at a time and you have to play it like every week is your last game.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Why the Titans didn't use him against the Texans confused me a bit. I thought they could have used him to help slow down Watt & Co. and help get them when they were pinned deep.

3. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

I've always liked Mooney. Guys got a lot of heart.:truedat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar