Collins has re-signed with the Titans as per NFL Network's Adam Schefter.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Feb 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

me thinks like a fox, so i think Collins will be even better next season. he got a great taste of what it's like to start again and lead the team, im sure he will work on things he didnt do well.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Collins gets a $4 million signing bonus. He is scheduled to earn $4.5 million in base salary this year and $5.5 million in 2010.

So he's basically the Titans QB for '09 at $8.5 mil and the team can release him next season if they go in another direction.

3. Morpheus E

Morpheus E Camp Fodder

Young and Collins are pretty much even. Had Collins not signed we would have been fine.

That being said, time to get Mr. Collins a real receiver...

*Laughs and waits for the negative rep to rain down for "attacking Collins"

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Collins can now afford the good stuff. Playing liquored up will be the key for a successful run.

5. Lumebray

Lumebray Virtus Et Honor

great, everyone thinks collins is soo much better than VY. when VY has better completion percent while bringing in 2 WR FA's who both started, and a rookie pro bowl insane RB and along with that the best pass blocking o-line in the game. im not saying VY is or is not the awnser, but i know one thing. collins isn't. better get one nasty WR or here we go again, one and done.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

collins doesnt LOSE games for us. VY does. That's the difference.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Bottom line: There is a reason The Titans benched Vince for the season after after sustaining only a 4 or 5 week injury. Fish committed to Collins as the starter from that point on.
    Season ends and Collins is publicly told he will the starter again.
    Now there are rumblings in the press that if Simms signs that will supplant Vince as the #2.

Think something isn't broken with Vince?

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

It is only a matter of time before Vince is cut. It has something to do with the cap hit. My rudimentary understanding of how it works says the impact of cutting him and freeing up that roster spot is less and less as time wares on. Plus there is the possibility that we could actually trade him, which would be ideal, but I fear there are not any takers so one could only hope.

I would probably be singing a different tune about the whole situation if only the front office and coaching staff would say or do anything to indicate that Vince is actually the real deal... but the presence of Simms and signing of Collins says to me that they are preparing themselves to cut ties with Young. Of course he would stay on throughout this next year, but unless something remarkable happens Tennessee is going to eat that cap hit eventually.

Bud Adams publicly stating that Vince is the future is hog wash i.m.o. I sorta would like that to be true but the Tony Banks and Ryan Leafs of this world just don't magically transform. The writing is on the wall.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

His cap hit doubles next year.

Great point about how the coaching staff and front office are acting. They are displaying no confidence in him at all not even token words of encouragement or support.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

does the cap hit just vary by contract? And what is this non sense about Vince's contract precluding him from being traded? What is that all about? Is there somewhere online that explains the nuts and bolts of Vince's contract?

I found this on a forum.

I also read that LenDale White seems confident that Vince will resurrect himself and be a major player... I guess LenDale has better insight on the situation than I... I just wish Vince would have been everything I hoped he was. He has been such a disappointment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar