COLLINS: I must be the starter if I re-sign with Tennessee

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Jun 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I feel pretty confident that they will wheel an old and gray KFC out on opening day. Week 6 Locker starts. The lockout pretty much ensured this. The only hope would be that Kerry does make said "demands" and the team finally decides it just isn't worth it..

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. TitansfaninKY

TitansfaninKY Starter

I hope for Kerry's health that he does not start... I really don't want to see someone get broken or have a heart attack on the field.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. EdRomeo

EdRomeo Football Fan

I don't see the issue.
    Collins doesn't want to come to the team as a back-up.

My guess:

If he came back he would probably at least open the season as the starter. Then based on how the season goes and he plays will determine wether he or Locker finishes the season.
    If you guys are in the playoff hunt with Collins then of course he would remain the starter but if the playoffs are out of reach or if Collins flat out stinks then Locker would take over.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-eavMSBnk

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I agree with your scenario but I would chang the last 'if' to 'when'

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

If our defense is at least average and our running game is 08-09 like we could be a lot better than people think. 8-8 probably.

I just think it is hilarious that Collins was attributed to saying something he never said and how that spawned a whole series of F-you kerry posts. A message board where people don't bother to read.

Then there is Locker a guy who has major accuracy issues and lowers his head into people when he runs. We netter damn have somebody else who could play.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

you know man, he never said "must" verbatim, but usually in news, when there is a name and a colon as the thread is titled, the sentiment following the colon is an encapsulation, not necessarily a quote. Myself and several others came to the conclusion that Collins feels as if the job is his to lose, as he isn't keeping Locker's seat warm and if not named the starter would not sign. I'm not real big on Collins, but honestly, I'd rather see some other unwanted vet in there. I'm kind of tired of Collins quite honestly.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

But he gives us the best chance to win! LMAO

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Well you made your point about nine times already. The F-you KFC posts are pretty much in regard to Collins playing in TN at all. Do I need to nine make comments about this?

10. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

You just did?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar