Collins placed on IR

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titaneers, Oct 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Was kind of nice starting around the 40 so often.

Too bad he was a terrible CB. Man...

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'd like to know where you are getting this "passes defended" stat? NFL.com list passes deflected, you know that right?

I have a hard time believe he was top in passes defended for the Cowboys when he wasn't even a full time starter.

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

he was actually pretty good for the Cowboys an 08. If I remember correctly he only let up 1 touchdown that entire season. And started 2/3s of the games he played in.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

he was so good they did not play him enough for the Titans to qualify for the higher draft pick.

Didnt he get into a fistfight with his team supplied body guard/attitude adjuster/tattle tell ?

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Alex1939

Good does not a great cb make ;)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E0prbKWxetU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah yeah yeah it is TO but it was still a pretty funny burn.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It was also in a practice...

Why didn't TO do that when they played in a game? 2ft shorter pacman shut him down.

Or. Well, I forgot. They just didn't pass to him because of Reynaldo Hill.

And yes, he still lead the team in passes defended/deflected (for you, Alex). Cowboys fans considered him their best DB when he was released.

7. Alex1939

Am I just supposed to take your word for that? Where is the passes defended stat coming from again?

You do realize there is a difference between defended and deflected, right?

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Would you two knuckle heads kindly agree to disagree.....:)

9. Alex1939

Well lets see...

"Some fans and pundits have suggested that Pacman hasn’t even played all that well this season, and therefore isn’t nearly as important to this team as he once seemed. I agree with this viewpoint, to a certain degree."

So the author agrees with me...

continued..

"Jones played fairly well in his six games prior to being suspended, registering 6 passes defended (more than any other Dallas CB this season, see update below)

UPDATE: I’ve been seeing several reports on this that say Pacman has 11 passes deflected so far this season. I don’t know where this information is coming from, because the official stats on NFL.com say that Jones has 6 passes defended as of this post."

Just like you, that guy is talking about defended and deflected as if they are interchangeable words. They are not. They have different meanings.

Your article is bunk. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar