Collins Prepares to Start Against Jets

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans QB Kerry Collins has taken command during his reps and in just 10 days has developed a comfort level with his teammates. "There’s a lot more to being a quarterback than just running the play," Offensive Coordinator Norm Chow said. "There’s that leadership, that charisma that it takes to be one and he’s done a nice job with it." Chow says he has never asked a QB to learn the playbook as quickly like the Titans have asked Collins, but says the 12-year veteran has handled it well. "He’s got everything down. It’s not a problem," Chow said. "We’ll see what happens, but we’re confident about it. You’re working with a guy who has a lot of skins on his wall, and that’s a lot different. He’s been to a Super Bowl, he’s been to championship games. He understands concepts; it’s just assimilating the language and that kind of thing, which he’s done."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Collins sucks!
    The world will see it once again this Sunday.

3. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

Volek! Volek! Volek!

4. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

If you guys want to win, ya better hope Collins does a good job...He's what we got-- Till Vince gets ready

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]
    See... I told you... Hey RollTide, you said that you did not care about what John Clayton says. He called this 2 days ago. If you know how to listen to John Clayton and the inflections in his voice you can take alot of what he says to the bank. People tell the guy stuff and he's paid to put it in a way that glue sniffers can dismiss easily.

Well, he was right and you were wrong big guy. That's okay 3801, You are pretty reasonable. Collins in a strange bizarre way is the logical choice. It's kinda like a choice between a hot electrical lead or a scalding hot iron... I don't like Collins being here but based on what I have seen from Volek in the last months and little quibs over the space of many articles, interviews and reports... concluding that Volek was being phased out and replaced by Collins was a no brainer. There is always that 10% that wonders but I'll put my money where my mouth is sometimes if I'm 90% sure. I could have cleaned some of you guys out. :greedy: We just need Collins to win 3 of the next 6 or 4 of the next eight. Once they think Young can go they will play him. They are trying to set him up to succeed and having a starter that is in the situation Volek is in isn't the best for Vince. They need a guy who is going to hand it over and help him every way he can. The idea is to have a #1 that has been a #1 to teach our rookie how to be a #1. We don't need a disgruntled vetern career back up clutching the reins crying "one more ride!!, one more turn!!" Make no mistake, Collins is gonna marginally suck. Then again so would have Volek. Just need to win a few ball games. They are counting on Young to somehow win a few down the stretch and turn in a 9-7 record. I bet they think they can win this year with Young. :suspect: I'm not really sure about that, but if you (this is directed at the entire forum) think we can, bet your bottom dollar that having Young around a former probowler is a better move. Collins may be a has been but at least he's not a never was like Volek.

6. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Haha Roll Tide, listen to John Clayton next time, and don't waste your time arguing nothing.

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Or ours...:))

:moon2:

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'm not admitting defeat yet, I will when the offense comes out for the first time on sunday if Collins is the QB then. This is just a city paper article with no inside info, saying collins is preparing as if he's starting. OF COURSE HE IS! Whether he is starting or not, we don't know. No one knows what's going on in practice since they've been closed, and the reporters haven't been allowed to ask about how many reps each QB has gotten this week.

Maybe Collins will be our starter. If so, that's fine, he'd better help us beat the jets. If I'm right about this, I expect a phone call from BP when they announce Volek the starting QB. I'm driving in last minute for the game after going to the UT game tomorrow, so there's a lot of football for me in the next two days. No guarantees that I'll sign back on before the game, but at this point, I'm still saying I think Volek's our starter, and everyone has bought into the mystery cloud that Fisher's been feeding the media in an attempt to mess with the jets.

Good luck, Titans' QB, whoever you are!

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Click This Picture

[​IMG]

Say it ain't so!Say it ain't so!

10. whats up buddy!!!!

Kerry Collins!!!:eek:
    wow!!!:banned:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar