Collins TD passes in 09 - the over & under

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by From-the-stands, Aug 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

I'm setting the over and under at 18 TD.

What say ye?

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hopefully way over 18. I would like to see 25 or more. I know he's most likely to throw somewhere around 12 or so TD's, but with a much improved bunch of receivers and a great line blocking I believe he could do more than ever. Having LenDale never helps QB's get TD's, but Gage, Washington, Cook, Britt, and others look good so far for Collins.

3. 18 seems about right.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

under. we don't pass the ball inside the 15.

5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

An even 20 TDs sounds about right to me. I know he only threw for 12 last year, but I think Fisher is starting to buy into the idea that you MUST pass the ball and do so effectively if you want to have success in the playoffs. So I'm choosing over, with 20

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

collins has had 5 years with more than 18 td passes in a season. in those five years the least amount of passes he had were 513 attempts. collins had 415 attempts in 2008.

there is no way we pass over 500 times next year. we run the ball too effectively and our defense is too good when it's healthy.

it's going to be under.

7. MadDog

MadDog GOING OUT OF BUSINESS!

I'm a guy who hates stats... but after you pointed that out, it convinced me deff. under 18... I'm curious to know if we have ever in a season thrown more than 500 attempts and what's the highest total of TD's we have thrown in a season.

8. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

under. 16 tds 11 ints i'd say.

I just hope he plays well this upcoming season. We can't really afford for him to turn back into a pumpkin if we hope to actually do something in the playoffs this year.

9. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

You never know with Collins. He can play good one year then awful the next. Which is why he has never had too back to back seasons where he's been a succesful qb. So if history is correct then he should suck this season. But he's a Titan so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's on a better team with weapons.

10. With the receiving targets we've added, I think he can easily throw just over 1 TD per game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar