Colts DE Robert Mathis suspended first 4 games

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chance9, May 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I think the issue is that if you allow PED's, it trickles down to kids.

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

That is certainly a fear, but I think the main issue is that it reflects badly on the NFL. If people start dying from side effects of PEDs, it will start putting the NFL in a bad light, and possibly allows themselves to be open to lawsuits for "allowing" their employees to harm themselves.

3. xhrr

xhrr Starter

How so? That statement is awfully vague.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Human body has limitations. Bones, tendons, the muscles themselves, aren't designed to take this sort of abuse. Steroids have already been linked to degradation of bones and ligaments.

5. xhrr

xhrr Starter

We've already surpassed the human bodies limitations years ago. Look at the players now compared to way back when. There is no going back at this point unless they got incredibly strict with testing and such. They won't though. The NFL loves the fact it has monsters running around colliding. It is entertaining to people and the #'s back that so they won't take a hit to ensure player safety. They can tinker with some minor rule changes to make it look like they give a **** but they don't. Look how easy the got off the last lawsuit.

This is true but it is more so related to certain types of steroids. There are also certain types of steroids which increase collagen production as well as HGH. Players know this they aren't going to use something like Winny which cuts you up but ****s with your joints like a bodybuilder would before a show. They use **** like Anavar, Equipose, D-Bol, HGH, etc. Those compounds have beneficial effects on collagen production which is beneficial to collision sport athletes. Most of the bone and joint issues come from the usage of PCT and aromatase inhibitors on cycle and afterwards. Low estrogen can cause a multitude of negative side effects to bones and joints.

If you've ever used even a natural AI that is worth a damn I would bet you have experienced joint discomfort from low E2 levels. I have. It goes away a week or so after cessation however. No I have never used steroids I'm just well versed in the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of them.

6. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Suuuuuure you havnt.

Lol jk.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I could stop reading here, and end the argument. If we have already surpassed these limitations, why should we keep pushing farther and risk more injury?

I agree with the rest of your points though, NFL doesn't really care. I would wager that at least 60% of the players are using PEDs.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

[​IMG]

9. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Anavar typically does not require PCT and has few sides associated with it ( I am sure many use it). I have a friend that uses it, and he loves the stuff. I have never heard of Equipose before. I lift often, and have considered an Anavar cycle. I have not done it, but the recovery time is amazing so my friend tells me. My buddy has done a few cycles now, and has kept 80% of his gains. . He has had joint issues as well- the muscle growing faster than the joint can keep up with is what he thought, but it is estrogen levels then. I do know that these drugs are liver toxic and very dangerous if not done correctly (supervised by MD).

10. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

You may be right about that. I never understood why young people need to use PED's to begin with. Their test levels are already so high. These drugs typically benefit people in their 30s and 40s. It takes me 2 to 3 days to recover from a lift workout now, whereas I never had to deal with it in my 20s.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar