Colts - End of an era?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Poulan escaped CAP hell with the last TV contract. Weenie's contract will be an issue. How many X-Titans collected rings with the pretty prancing party ponies last year????? I know Boiman is 1 and he was far from a star in Nahsville. Intra-division FA signings are quite common because of the famialarity teams have with each other.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What in the hell are you talking about?

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

NFL ruled that one of Poulans CAP tactics was not allowed anymore - memory says it had to do with spreading roster bonuses over the length of the contract. That ruling was going to put the ponies over the CAP, but the last TV contract came to the rescue because the CAP increases from it was like 8m a team per year instead of the expected 4m-ish. Thats all from memory so details could, and probably are, not exact.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

http://www.coltscap.net/harrison.php

if this is correct AND my CAP knowledge is correct then if the Weenie quits nearly 12m will pull forward on the ponie CAP. I think that can be spread over 2 seasons, but again I am not a CAP expert.

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

thanks Hoffa

8. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

haha. well done colt fan. maybe i have bad eyes but from what i have seen in david thorton is a really good lb (that could have made the pro bowl this yr)that you couldnt sign. harper is still a solid player even tho he might be slow and older. anyways hot shot. i was only makin a joke, so take it easy. ik you are having a hard time about getting beat last week, but dont come in here and go anthony smith on us. if you forgot we had a playoff contender team that WE DRAFTED OURSELVES during our playoff run before we had to rebuild. now we are on the right track with young good players and only getting better. its gonna be us and the jags at the top for awhile and the colts maybe 3rd. so get use to that. nice to hear a colts take, so keep it comin!:))

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

GoT, you wrote a post that implied the colts got away with something when they got away with nothing.

When the salary cap goes up it goes up for all teams not just the colts.

Actually prorating roster bonuses could hurt a team's cap if a player doesn't get them all. What if the colts decided to cut harrison and didn't have to pay a roster bonus this year? The problem the colts had was because the bonuses were so large so they tried to spread them out.

Polian has stayed out of cap hell simply by drafting well. He replaces his cap casualties with younger players who are able to get the job done. Edgerrin james out, joseph addai in. They have an undrafted rookie starting at DT. What about their second rd left tackle? Their replacement for cato june was a 3rd rd pick.

Polian also thinks ahead. The colts lost their 2 starting corners and replace them with a 1st and 2nd picks from 05.

Cato june was a 6th rd pick. david thornton a 4th rd pick. Picks like that are cheap on the cap.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

King titan, actually much of our success this year came from players we did not draft ourselves. KVB, thornton, hope, mawae, harper, gage, moulds, brown, fowler, hartsock. We have not done a good job of replacing cap casualties with good young talent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar