Colts in cap trouble

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nigel, Mar 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Not really. The Patriots somehow get guys to take less money to play for them. The Eagles just never resign anyone over 30. Although they're both good about signing reasonably priced free agents who over achieve... its like having a whole team of KVBs.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Patriots also are hard nosed, released players like Ty Law and Lawyer Milloy, both still good players at that time.

3. wino

wino True 2 the shoe..GO COLTS

Can't speak for Mugs, but here I am...laughing that as it stands right now Manning will count about $17.7 million against our cap, while McNair will count in the nieghborhood of $24 million against yours.

Frankly it's way too early to get very worked up about any of the numbers as they stand now. A CBA will get worked out, the numbers will change, and the sun will come up again. I'm not worried about the Colts situation at all...partly because I can't do anything about it anway, and partly because I think things will eventually work out just fine. They usually do.

$24 million for McNair?!?!?! Sheesh...talk about bad planning! Who's your GM....the guy that used to run Enron? :kiss:

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Peyton is just at the begining of his huge contract, and he's already counting 17 mill. Wait until he's at the other end of his contract, like McNair is now, and see how much he's counting against the Colts cap then.

5. sdavis2k

sdavis2k Guest

I agree Manning and Harrison are in like the first few years and now they included Wayne in the HUGE salary pool. You figure this year your #1 WR and QB count 32 million. thats over 1/3 of the whole cap and next year with Wayne will prolly be almost 2/3 of your cap. Either your gonna have some bums on the field who collect the change the players and fans drop in between plays and exiting the stadium to pay the rest of your players or you need some HUGE changes.

I really think the Colts are gambling on making it to the Superbowl getting some rings and than paying guys on the cheap like the Pats have or for their holy duo of Manning & Harrison to retire soon.

6. TitanFan4Life

TitanFan4Life Stronger Than K-Bulluck

Kimberly - for now on I want you to WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE. You of all people should not be cursing. Shame on you. :sad2:

7. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

You can do that when you make or develop players. Take away a pro bowl player and insert another player. If the new players doesn't get hurt he will eventually be in the pro bowl too. Proof that you don't have to draft the best players but you can make YOUR players the best.

Something you never see. NE complaining that one of their draft picks didn't pan out.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

You have got to be joking. Cap hell is a legitimate football term. We are there brother and have been here for a minute, maybe more. You are in cap hell...
    Broken :suspect: down old qb for 24 mil, no line, no d... how much dead money? I live in cap hell... If we had loads of cap room would wouldn't have the holes we've been trying to fill... Hell, we made the holes in the first place in the 1st degree of cap hell when we let our PB's and vets leave...
    This is good. Rejoice and be glad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar