Colts Sign former Pats WR Deion Branch

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewHorizans, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

I heard this few hours ago, but still never saw anyone posted it. SO, here it is. Colts sign WR Deion Branch today. Seems like news worth talking about. How random can you get? Does anyone else thinks its strange that Colts decide to sign a former veteran Patriots WR the same week they play the Pats in the playoffs??? Branch played for the Pats as recently as last season, so could the Colts be looking to get some inside info on the Pats game plan?? They clearly didn't sign him for his aging talent. Guy hasn't been good since 2006.

Does Branch even record a catch in this game? Why not keep Rogers in the lineup more? Not like they truly 'needed' another WR. And I am sure there are better unsigned options to Deion Branch. Does Branch really have the inside track on Bill Belichick? Sure he might know some of their favorite formations, but Brady isn't that easily stopped.

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

It's a smart move..

they have no veteran receivers. zero. all they have is TY Hilton and a bunch of other young players who may flake out when the going gets tough. I like the move for them.

3. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

Sure, I can see the "vet" in the locker room being a good thing. Colts sure did change when Wayne got hurt. BUT why wait til the 2nd weak of the playoffs to sign him if that is truly the reason? Wouldn't they have benefited signing a veteran WR to replace Wayne the next week after he went down? Why not sign Randy Moss? Also former Pats WR LOL

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Branch had 2 TDs in his one game vs his old team. Indy is hoping he gives them somthing like that this week in New England

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar