Colts @ Titans Postgame Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Nick Harper had to be player on the game for us. He made, from memory, two key plays:

1. Breaking up the deep pass to Starvin Marvin
    2. Breaking up the pass on 4th and 3 to give us the ball back.

Chris Hope gets the 'player who is in the right area in the right time' award.

Collins was solid leading this team.

LenDale second touchdown was great second effort.

Chris Johnson has a case of the dropsies.

Justin Gage needs to be benched.

Lavelle Hawkins - great rookie play on his catch to keep his feet inbounds.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Harper is def the defensive MVP, but Collins has to be the offensive MVP. His numbers weren't great but they weren't bad, but keep in mind he had what like 6 drops? Two would have been touchdowns. People say Collins manages our game but between the Ravens game in the 4th quarter and the 2nd half of tonight's game he has shown he can be a playmaker. Collins seems to have some nice chemistry with Scaife and Jones. When Collins gets in a rhythm he can move the ball. I don't want to say teams will fear our passing game but now they must respect it because Collins can get it done.

The run offense and defense was disappointing in the first half but both looked much better in the 2nd. The pressure wasn't there and that hurt but lets face it Ford is far from KVB.

When I watched the 2nd half to me it was the best half of football we have played all year. Yea I know we scored more points in other games but in the 2nd half we were able to change momentum in a game against our biggest rival and then put them away.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TitanicDane

TitanicDane Boozer extraordinaire

Collins had several very nice 3rd and long completions throughout the game.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Collins was also lucky not to have two Interceptions.
    Those drops were hopeless though. We definitely need to do something bout the Wide Receivers.

5. munie

munie Starter

The two 4th down stops were critical and won us the game. Kudos to Tulloch on the read and great stop by Harper as well. Man I knew the Titans were going to be good but 7-0. Who would've thought? We played our best football tonight and handled adversity with flying colors. Enjoy this win Titan fans because this is the beginning of something special.

6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Everyone at work had the Colts killing us, tomo gonna be a fun day at work.

Goodnight guys!

7. bluewaterpirate

bluewaterpirate Camp Fodder

8. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

Woo very good game, Gage looked shaky, big drops that if caught could have been a bigger blow out. Lavelle Hawkins blatently needs to see more playing time beacuse ill tell you what that catch he made proved to me that he is a smart and talented football player. Defensive line looked shaky at times with the absence of KVB but im really happy with the fact that Tulloch has taken over full time. He is a play maker and i honestly think with him in we have a top 5 LB core. Thornton has been big, Bulluck well enough said lol, and Tulloch adds with speed. Our secondary is untouchable, our running game is consistent our passing game looked good. We are Superbowl bound boys and im loving every minute of it.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

our secondary isn't unstoppable, Dallas Clark gashed us the whole first half, with noone in the area.

You can credit Peyton finding the gaps in the zone, but our secondary isn't unstoppable.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

It was a great game -- and when we broke them, we broke them almost at once, and we did it defensively without one of our biggest playmakers, KVB. That was great to see. But Tulloch is still settling into that role. He was caught flat-footed a couple of times, and I thought was out of position on one of the Clark TDs, and got beat on another pass, but he definitely made up for it. Hopefully this game seasoned him a lot. I thought he was a weak element against the pass tonight, but conceded he was a better option than Fowler. Also, we couldn't sub all the time. I thought it was a magnificent effort by our D. I was worried when we didn't have KVB and was really worried when we weren't getting any sacks because of it.

On offense, Collins was definitely the MVP, and 24/37 is about 64% completion, I believe. Best thing about this game in all facets: we got it when we needed it most.

LenDale White ran for the best 13 yards I've ever seen in my life. That 2nd TD stretch was a work of art. Whoa. LW can break 20 TDs this year (about 26 at this pace).

I REALLY hope KVB is healthy Sunday for GB.

I love the way this game went...we broke the Colts in style tonight. It was definitive.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar