Colts to interview Jerry Gray For Head Coaching Position

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Jerry Gray is a candidate to become the next head coach of the Indianapolis Colts.

Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean reports that the Titans have granted the Colts permission to talk to Gray, Tennessee’s defensive coordinator.

2. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

Game plan for the Colts- soft zone soft zone soft zone

3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

There must not be a lot of viable Rooney Rule options out there right now. I wonder if Gray gets tired of being used like this.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Last time I said the Rooney rule was stupid a few weeks ago I got a warning for bringing up race on the forum. I guess even though he's being talked to for his race we can't talk about it how ridiculous that is. :sad2:

5. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

NO! Keep him Titans.

Just hire some lousy OC from another team like the Hags.

6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

If you compare our defense to last years it was VASTLY improved. Granted we still had weaknesses but keep in mind Gray had to overcome things like not even getting to work with his players until after the lockout.

I'm scared this might actually happen. Everything I've read says the Colts are looking for a defensive minded coach. Not only would this be a good hire IMO this would weaken a division opponent.

7. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

You see, this is what is wrong with the Rooney rule. Every season, its like they pick on coordinator who has NO chance of getting the job, just to say that they fulfilled the rooney rule. This is why this is a bad rule. Teams are going to hire who they want to hire. No need in making people dictatorially choose a person to interview because of his appearance.

8. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

This comment has been found in violation of H.R. 3261, S.O.P.A and has been removed. ███ ████████ ██████ ██████████ ██ ████ ██ ████ ██████████ ██ .███ ███

• High Five High Five x 7
  9. amy

amy Starter

I read somewhere that Gray is interested in a head coaching position. I hope the reason they called him was because they're interested in him. I don't particularly want to lose him, but everyone should have the chance to follow their dream.

10. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Don't get me wrong, I like Jerry Gray a lot, and I think that after a couple years under him, our defense will be very good. I just don't see him being a HC candidate yet, maybe in a couple of years who knows. I am sure he is getting good interview experience at the very least. But I just think if I were in his situation, I would get a little irritated if I felt I was being used. I'm not saying he necessarily is, but it kind of appears that way.

I think the NFL had good intentions when they put the rule in place, but I feel like it has just become more of a mockery than anything else

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar