Colts to Tag Mathis

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 2ToneBlueBlood, Mar 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

You guys saying we gotta bring in Williams...

Most teams in the NFL would want him. Titans going to win the bidding war, eh?

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'd say we have just as good a shot to sign Williams as any team out there. I also understand that we will more than likely not even make an offer.

3. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

To be completely honest, if he has his pick of teams, I see no reason why Williams would come back to TN.

4. Big Time Titan

I would think that he'd rather come here than play for Tampa or Seattle.

5. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I think playing for a contender and playing in the 4-3 are important to Williams. If you count the sheer amount of cap room we have we should (logically) be able to sign Mario Williams

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Nobody chooses to play in Seattle or Buffalo if they can help it, and Tampa is so damn cheap that I'm surprised their name is even coming up. Sure they have a ton of cap room, but this is the final year teams don't have to spend their money. Tampa loves to save a penny as much as anyone, so I doubt they spend $14-18M/yr on 1 guy.

7. Alzarius

Maybe, who knows. However he will have his pick of teams imo, with 10+ to choose from. I just dont see the appeal of the Titans, unless you are a fan of the Titans.

Even in our own division, the Colts beat us, and the only way we could beat Houston wass playing their 2nd string and we barely beat them then

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He's from North Carolina, we have 2 QB's, we're a 4-3 team with money to spend, and we win. Why exactly wouldn't he want to be a Titan? Cause he's our rival......

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Alzarius

Main reasons? We are a small market, and the fact that we were not a playoff team last season. And like I said, im sure he was on the sidelines laughing it up as houstons 2nd string almost beat us.

I know that we have "potential", but potential iss a hope that lots of teams fans hang on.

10. Big Time Titan

He is the big fish of this FA market but there will not be 10+ teams that a) have the money b) will be willing to spend and c) give him a good chance to win

I'd say we meet all 3 of those.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar