Colts vs Pats

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Good point wino, you've got a lot of credibility there. There have been a few times when players have exaggerated injuries to slow down a game, so you should definitely boo ALL hurt players, which is what you do. Even on TV you can hear it every time, and it's pretty low.

I think it will be a better game than predicted, and if the bears can stick to their running game and go to grossman only when the colts gear up to stop the run, they could hang in there. A few things fall for the bears and it could be a great game.

2. wino

wino True 2 the shoe..GO COLTS

Another well-thought-out highly intelligent post from the most mature person on the board :rolleyes: . You know, I don't really come on here and talk a lot of smack...mostly just good-natured stuff, or in this case an explanation. There are plenty of good people on this board....that's why I hang out here on occasion. Why you have to be so juvenile is beyond me. You could take some lessons in class from folks like "The Don", IMO.

To say we boo ALL hurt players is unfair, GT. Do we do it sometimes when someone really is hurt? Yep, but when they get up and leave the field they get a hand just like they do in every other stadium. But the Colts fast-paced offense is one that's been difficult to slow down in the past few years and the fake injuries began to happen on a REGULAR BASIS...often times several times in a game, and on more than one occasion several times in a SERIES! I'm a little surprised the Patsies didn't do it more often as gassed as some of their guys were in the 4th quarter. Is it right? No. Has it been "earned"? In a lot of cases I'd have to say yes. I don't wish injuries on ANY player (unlike some of the comments the guy that was quoted first in this post has made in the past about what he wishes would happen to some of the Colts), but when you start screwing with the integrity of the game, eventually what goes around comes around.

Just my .02. I don't expect many here to agree with me. 's all good.

:))

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

In an obvious situation, I'd understand a boo to someone going down and hopping back up, particularly with a team where you have a history of that. Decent point about applause when they get back up, but that's not nearly as loud as the booing, and I'd say doesn't make up for it. My problem is that the boos come all the time, as you admit. I've seen you boo offensive players from the other team, clearly trying to slow down your fast paced offense and get the defense some rest. The problem I have with what your saying is that it's become a habit, and is now done as a reflex. That's just low. There are times when I wouldn't be offended by the booing, but the fact that you do it all the time is terrible, even if it would be legitimate on occassion.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Thanks. Always happy to be the bur under your saddle there Sea Bisciut Boy.

5. TitanFan4Life

TitanFan4Life Stronger Than K-Bulluck

man.. im so happy the pats beat um..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar