Combine coverage/Pro Day Schedule

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Thanks for posting this Jeff.

It's not too late to sign up for Comcast digital cable.

3. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Yeah, I'm seriously considering going to digital cable, pretty much solely for the NFL network. And the on-demand features. When I found the on-demand draft prospect videos over at my dad's house last year, I just about crapped my pants. And I'm not even as big a draftnik as some of you guys are.

4. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

I upgraded to digital Comcast just to get the NFL Network. If you're considering it, might as well go ahead and do it before the end of February so you can see the Combine. (You don't have to go digital on every TV in your house -- I put it on the two I watch the most.)

5. TitanJeff

This isn't related to the draft but if you go with the digital setup, can you still use the old box or just go direct into a cable-ready TV in some of the rooms like I do now?

6. danny

danny Guest

NFL Network did a real good job with coverage last year. Looking foward to it again...

7. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

Yes.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

The old box acts like a tuner for TVs that can't go to 98. The digital box is kind of like a satellite receiver, in that it tunes into the hundreds. With it, you get a crap load of extra channels, an interactive guide (no more TV guide channel scrolling bullcrap) and the video on demand, which is about 2500 hundred hours of content mainly not found on the regular channels, 95% of which is free.

All this can be yours for a mere $14.95 additional per month. I think the upgrade promo is like $6.95/mo for the first three months. And yes, if you put it on your primary TV, the rest of your sets will still get the regular analog (2-98).

The hot tip, Jeff, is to go to Circuit City. You can upgrade to digital cable in the store for free and for doing so you get a $100 in "cable credits." You fill out a rebate and $100 credit shows up on your Comcast bill in about 8 weeks. Basically, you can have digital free for 8 months if you do it that way. Remember to go to Circuit City first.

NFL Network has an on demand feed, and during the regular season, they put up extended (10-15 minute) highlight clips of every game played that week. Next best thing to having the Sunday Ticket. Even better if you don't really care to watch the entire game of teams you don't really care about.

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Oh. And if your TV DOES dial to 98 on its own, you don't need the old box anyway. It was for TVs with dials and for ordering pay-per-view.

The digital box on the other hand is necessary to decode channels above 100, so no, plugging cable directly into the TV can't bring you digital, and the old box can't do it.

10. TitanJeff

Sweet. I appreciate the info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar